How do I navigate dating guys when I don't drink? I'm 25 and don't drink or go to bars. Usually guys ask to get a drink. How do I handle this?

I have no problem with other people drinking. I'm not against it... I just don't drink myself. I don't want to be lame or be a party pooper, but it's not my thing to meet up for a drink at a bar. I also don't want to order a soda or water because that'll draw attention to the weirdness of me not drinking. So far, I've tried things like, "yeah let's meet for coffee or hot chocolate." It sometimes works, but I'm running out of ideas.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many of other places and you are not required to drink any alcohol even when you go to bars. I don't. No one has ever given me shit about it.

What Guys Said 3

• Smoke weed instead? Alcohol's poison.

• When I dont want to drink at a bar, I order a tonic and lime. It looks like a vodka tonic so people don't notice.

• Oh, my wife doesn't drink much at all. She is great as a designated driver so it have some major pluses. A lot of guys won't care that much that you dont drink.

• There are hundreds of date ideas out there that don't involve going to a bar and consuming alcohol.

What Girls Said 3

• Well these guys, if they really are interested, will need to accept that you don't want to drink. You can hang out in a bar and not drink. Say you aren't thirsty or have to get up early or that you just want to stay healthy. Drinks are full of calories! But if you are dating a guy, its the first step to test the waters and see if you want to go further with him. Not drinking in todays young society is rare, and its a serious life style difference, so this guy must be willing to accept your decision. You never know if that guy will admire you for making such a decision. If the guy thinks you're a freak for not drinking, then you won't want to go any further with him anyways!

• Go out for dessert.

• suggest going to a coffeehouse instead.

I don't drink or do any other drugs either, a lot of people don't. obviously, we don't all need to be intoxicated to have a good time. (: