Why does he introduce me to his son after saying he prefers to stay alone? And stays in touch asking for news while i'm not contacing him anymore?

I started dating this guy a month ago... super caring, bringing gifts, planning vacations etc... He was awesome! Then, he told me he was realizing that he liked a lot to be alone... even though he enjoys spending time with me and is attracted in me. I went a few days away for the holidays, hoping it will help him decide if he wanted or not to keep being with me. When i came back, he introduced me to his babyboy... i thought things were better and was delighted until he told me again that he preferred being alone. But still gave me my Christmas gifts... confused, i revealed to him how i feel about him and that i enjoy spending time with him... him being the only one i want to be with now. I told him too that i won't pursue him though.
Then i left and haven't given any news to him since even though i do really miss him. Now he just sent me a text, asking me for news and wishing me a beautiful day buuuut using my first name instead of a cute name :((!!
What does he want? Why does he stay in touch with me? He is a kind man, is that the reason why he is acting this way? What should i answer him? Does his text mean he wants to stay friends with me or start back from scratch or... or... or WHAT? What do you think about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I presume he wants to be friends. Fairweather at that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• @Thing1 Stop meeitng his kid and him. He's weird

• Well i did because i thought he had good news for us... why introducing me to his babyboy otherwise? Now i feel bad because i have feelings for him and i don't understand what's happening.

• I need to figure out what to answer him to see if he wants to meet.

• "Hey, I wanna see your handsome face. Wanna go out sometimes this week?"