Am I Being Unfair or Unreasonable?

Okay, so I'm a 19 year old college sophomore. I have been overweight my entire life and about 2 months ago, I was finally 100% determined to lose weight so that I could feel good about myself. I am 5' 5" and a half, My starting weight was 206 lbs. As of yesterday, I weigh 184.8 I still need to lose about 40 pounds. There is this guy that likes me and I like him but I don't want to enter into a relationship until I'm at my goal weight or at least 150 lbs. He's such a nice guy but I don't think I would be able to give my all in a relationship until I'm comfortable with myself first. Am I being unreasonable here?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all - congrats on the weight loss! I've been overweight my whole life and i'm so determined to lose it lately. Out of curiosity, what all did you do to lose over 20 pounds in 2 months, anything in particular?

As far as the question - I can see where you're coming from. I think it's normal. When you're fully comfortable with yourself, you can give more in the relationship without having to double think yourself, or have any extra worries.

• All I've been doing is eating healthy, I completely cut out all junk food from my diet, and I go jogging every single day. Even when it's snowing! Lol

• Thank you! And good luck!

• Thank you for most helpful :)

What Guys Said 1

• That's rational.

What Girls Said 3

• I can see where you're coming from, but no it's not reasonable

You have to live in the now, he might not be there a few months from now but he likes you now the way you are.
    You can take it slow, start dating slowly but not seeing him at all his missing out in my opinion

• Sounds like you have your priorities straight. Good luck!

• yes you are being completely reasonable. and I hope you accomplish your goal!!!