Is it crazy for a 23 year old never married girl to date a 31 year old man who is divorced with 2 kids?

The kids are between ages 6-8, and there are 2 of them. The man has been divorced for 3.5 year. The girl has never been married. Why or why not? I was in this relationship, and it didn't work out, but not because of the children. It was the man who gave the problems.

He is not wealthy. He is very handsome, charming, funny fun, but he was also very manipulative and played me like a violin. He used the pity card a lot too, like he can't help how messed up he is from the divorce, he doesn't get why I would even want him, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not without potential problems. Have a look:
    *-The guy is 8 years older, that's limit but it can work if he's active and keeps his physical condition.
    *-The children won't be a really big problem (the 8 yo may if it's a girl)

*-You'll have to cope with the visiting right of the children's mother and with the children's 4 grandparents: the mother of his ex might be a major PITA.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• 8 years gap.. its... a bit big, but.. it can be acceptable, only slightly strange.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think that's crazy. They're both adults. As long as the woman realizes that the children will be his main priority and if she can accept that, then I don't see an issue with it.

• Love is strange

• He's wealthy isn't he?

• Sorry, submitted before i finished my answer

I meant there's no other reason why you would want to be with someone with kids. being divorced isn't a problem but the kids? Why would you put yourself in that situation? It's so so so messy

• I know someone who is 20 dating a 40 year old divorcee with two kids and she's very happy and they all get on so well. Sometimes it can get messy with exes and some guys who divorce have a lot of problems to be handled too, same as women