Is it crazy for a 23 year old never married girl to date a 31 year old man who is divorced with 2 kids?

The kids are between ages 6-8, and there are 2 of them. The man has been divorced for 3.5 year. The girl has never been married. Why or why not? I was in this relationship, and it didn't work out, but not because of the children. It was the man who gave the problems.

Updates:
He is not wealthy. He is very handsome, charming, funny fun, but he was also very manipulative and played me like a violin. He used the pity card a lot too, like he can't help how messed up he is from the divorce, he doesn't get why I would even want him, etc.

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not without potential problems. Have a look:
    *-The guy is 8 years older, that's limit but it can work if he's active and keeps his physical condition.
    *-The children won't be a really big problem (the 8 yo may if it's a girl)

*-You'll have to cope with the visiting right of the children's mother and with the children's 4 grandparents: the mother of his ex might be a major PITA.

Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• 8 years gap.. its... a bit big, but.. it can be acceptable, only slightly strange.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think that's crazy. They're both adults. As long as the woman realizes that the children will be his main priority and if she can accept that, then I don't see an issue with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is strange

0|0
    0|0
  • He's wealthy isn't he?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry, submitted before i finished my answer

I meant there's no other reason why you would want to be with someone with kids. being divorced isn't a problem but the kids? Why would you put yourself in that situation? It's so so so messy

• I know someone who is 20 dating a 40 year old divorcee with two kids and she's very happy and they all get on so well. Sometimes it can get messy with exes and some guys who divorce have a lot of problems to be handled too, same as women

0|1
    0|0