Would you date someone in a wheelchair?

Like the title says, would you date someone in a wheelchair? Explain.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I think it might have been an issue for me when I was younger but not these days. If I met an awesome girl who I was into, who happened to use a wheelchair, it wouldn't bother me. There might be some stigma attached there among idiots but fuck what they think! Strictly speaking though,, it does depend; on whether I like her or not lol

What Guys Said 11

• Honestly, there's probably a lot of cool chicks in wheelchairs. I would be pissed we couldn't go hiking though.

Maybe I could carry her on my back or build a rugged wheelchair.

• There's an old saying you can't help who you fall in love with, if that feeling is there I don't think the wheelchair would be much of an issue.

• Why would a wheelchair make a difference? Sure, I'd date someone in a wheelchair.

• Start dating someone in a wheelchair? No. Though if I had a great girlfriend who ended up in a wheelchair via accident or such, I'd do my best to stick it out with her.

• No, I wouldn't. :(
    It's too severe a disability for me to overlook. There are some things in life that I couldn't fully enjoy with such a person...

• To start a relationship, no. If while dating she ended up in one, I'd stick around.

• Yes, i see no problem disabilities shouldn't matter

• I'm sorry if you are wheelchair bound, but no I wouldn't.

• I would i dont see any problem with it

• Kind of want to be all like ofcourse I would "Yes", but I went with "Depends" because while I have no issue with the disability know it would complicate things; I have my own issues and I wouldn't date someone if I thought it wouldn't work, or I'd not be able to support them / be a positive part of their life.

• can she still have sex?

• Yes people in chairs can still have sex.

• oh then yes i change my answer from depends to yes

What Girls Said 11

• Without a doubt. I wouldn't pass up on an amazing guy just because he's in a wheelchair. It's something I would have to get a little used to for sure, but after getting used to it I don't see how it would be any different from dating a person who isn't in a wheelchair.

• i voted not but i meant to put yes computer lag and i scrolled... and yeah
    but its not a big deal ya know like its pretty rude and HELLA ableist to say i will only date an able bodied person
    it probably not their fault they can't get around so why should i discriminate ya know
    especially they are hot =D

• I would,,, my question is,, why would i not?

If i love someone... i love the person♥
    Not because he looks sexy,, not because his money.. not because someone told me he is the right one for me...

I dont care... at all that he is in a wheelchair,, Its the person in the wheelchair i love...♥♥♥

• I once saw a guy in a wheel chair.
    I swear his face was model gorgeous, but the thing was he had an abnormal body.
    I was attracted to him

• We'll I think when you decide to date someone with a disability you know you're getting in to the responsibility to take care of that person and their necessities.

• I voted C by the way

• Isn't wanting to take care of each other a part of any relationship? People in chairs can live 100% independently without help from others.

• I know believe me my step dad is in a wheelchair but I saw my mom with the responsibility of driving him everywhere, getting him in the car carrying the wheelchair everywhere and so and so...

• I would totally. I don't judge people because of their appearance or whatever. Their hearts all matter. We could be in a wheelchair? Who knows. I would date as long as I feel connected.

• Tbh, no. I have a family member who's spent most of her life in a wheelchair so I know how much she - and her significant other - have to sacrifice to deal with it. It's really tough. I honestly could not bear with it myself.

• Not gonna find a wheelchair-bound guy in the military, and I don't really go for civilians, so no. Not because he's in a wheelchair, but because most civilians my age are retarded college guys.

• I'm in a wheelchair already, I have dated a person with the same condition as me but it depends on what there like as a person as well what they need help with.

• same as @Blueeyes81

• Again, why the difference? The outcome is the same.

• there is a big difference
      i would never leave my partner during difficult times
      the only time i would leave is due to infidelity or we have grown apart or he become abusive

• That depends. I love activities such as canoeing, biking, hiking, running, swimming, riding, volleyball, hockey, football, etc, and the relationship probably wouldn't go anywhere unless he could do and enjoy the same things.
    Now, if I were already dating someone and an accident rendered them disabled? I'd never leave their side.