Do you expect nicer gifts if your boyfriend is wealthy?

Girls, do you expect nicer gifts if you know your boyfriend is wealthy / makes good money, etc?

0|0
12|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't necessarily expect gifts from him but I would love it if he were to give decent gifts. If someone makes very good money and gets you gifts that are extremely cheap, I'd start thinking that he's spending the money on other females. If you are going to give me gifts, get something that's worthy. It doesn't have to be expensive but a decent price.

0|1
    0|1

What Girls Said 11

• I don't expect extravagant or expensive gifts at all. They're nice and I would appreciate them if he bought them, but I don't expect it

0|1
    0|0
    • But, if it was your birthday coming up.
      Would your expectations be a little different if you knew the guy was well off?

• Not at all. Personally, I'm not one for fancy gifts or celebrations on my birthday - I am just fine with a small gift or going to a nice restaurant for dinner and spending quality time with him. I wouldn't want a guy to feel like he has to buy my love.

• Yes spoil me please.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't mind anything. I would prefer him not to spend much on me but he still always buys me gifts

0|1
    0|0
    • What counts as "too much" for you?

• Show All
    • I don't know! I guess that's why I'm asking. I'm not sure what counts as "too much" for girls

• I don't really think it matters, specially if ur in a serious relationship which I am so nothing will be too much. But if ur not in a serious relationship then I wouldn't bother spending much on that person, I don't think I'd even give any gifts except in special occasions. Like a phone with be too much, cuz I wouldn't spend that much money on someone who i only like not love. A watch is fine? Purse, wallet their nice gifts and it's not too much either.

• No, I honestly wouldn't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't even expect gifts at all. No. I'd rather he spend time on me, not money.

Like JLo said, "Love don't cost a thing".

0|0
    0|0
  • No i don't tend to expect gifts anyway its their money up to them how they spend it

0|1
    0|0
    • But, I mean, if it was your birthday coming up.
      Would your expectations be a little different if you knew the guy was well off?

• Nahh lol i still wouldn't expect anything im lucky if my family buys me a birthday present let alone a bf pmsl but if he was to but me something regardless of being well off or not it wouldn't matter if it was £10 or £100 the fact he had actually thought of me and took the time to get something to make me happy would be enough i think

• yes. im expect it. also i need his love and his attention too.

0|1
    0|1
  • No, shouldn't have expectations. infact i would feel bad if he keep buying me stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • No I do not. But since qataris are wealthy, we give niver gifts! Hahahahah

0|0
    0|0
  • I want him. His time. His attention.

Not his money.

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend and I still haven't gotten gifts for each other._.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I hope not... I don't flaunt my wealth either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't expect anything if my girlfriend is wealthy. If she wanted to give me nice gifts, then I would certainly appreciate them, but I wouldn't EXPECT them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I saw as much joy in my wife when giving her a $20 Teddy Bear as a 4ct diamond ring for two different anniversaries.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actively fake having little to no money, try to weed out the gold diggers. Fucking depressing process.

0|1
    0|0
    • How do you fake it? Teach me your ways.

• I love wearing tailored clothing. But I don't often, because it signifies expendable wealth. I don't live in the nicest apartment by choice--I choose a place that's still convenient to places I need to be, but it's a studio in a slightly beaten up building. Bring a girl to your place and you look like you have money? She puts on the breaks and won't fuck because she doesn't want to be seen as an easy whore, because you're suddenly a catch who should be a boyfriend, not a one-night stand or friends with benefits ; shittier apartment (neat, just not a money aptmt) loosens them up a ton. Rather than the Mercedes I'd like to buy, I take public transportation instead, because someone who can afford a car and city rent and tailored clothing is well off.

It's about choosing a look and being consistent with it.