He won't respond, what should I do?

I had recently Started dating this amazing guy. We had dated for a month and things were moving kinda fast. He decided to break up with me right before Thanksgiving. He said he wanted to see if he really liked me. He said after Christmas, we could get into contact and see how we felt. I left a message on his phone the day after Christmas telling him to let me know, even if he never wanted to talk to me again. He hasn't capontacted me. Im not sure what's gong on or how I should respond. I had told him if he hadn't responded by the first, then I would take it as he never wanted to see me again and I would give away his gift. What should I do?

• he doesn't want you
  • he's busy
  • ignore him
  • get over it (really hard)
I will let you know he is the best guy I've ever dated. Literally
hey guys, he still hasn't answered. im going to move on, which will be easier than i thought. turns out one of my best friends wanted me as much as i wanted him lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• I think you need to take time to decide what you want in life
    your still maturing yet and this best friend you like him and
    he says he likes you but i think your not mature yet i just
    think you need take things slow and your confused on who
    you want.

• Stop being a cabrona. He doesn't give a fuck about you. Burn his gift, piss on the ashes, and find yourself a man that won't treat you like the dog shit on his shoe.

• He treated me better than anyone

• @Asker but not enough... and slightly better than other dudes you encounter so small difference... you deserve even better

• Move on and if the best guy you've ever dated broke up with your before a Major Holiday then the guys you dated are horrible. Just horrible.

• "I had recently Started dating this amazing guy.", WHY THE FUCK DO ALL THE THREADS THAT END IN "He is a total piece of shit" BEGIN WITH HOW AMAZING THAT PIECE OF SHIT IS?

Also, capslock is good for my fingers. My hands hurt.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think you want him. He's not responding to you, he was also the one that broke it off and said he needed to think about it... I'm sorry, but I think he's thought about it, I would just forget about him, if he decides to get in contact with you great! But if not, at least you know.

• Going to be honest he won't get back to you. He wants you he wouldn't have left in the first place and said what he had said to you. A guy knows what he wants and if he isn't getting it from you he will get it somewhere else. Do NOT contact him anymore. Just do your thing with your girls and just be happy knowing you're on your own. Sorry if I come off strong but this is how I am towards my girlfriends and my cousins that are female and they are this way with me. You need to move on, delete him from everything (block also) and just not bother. If he wants you he will go to you, just stop caring and stop chasing. The right guy will come, just don't rush and enjoy. Remember when you are at the beginning stages of a relationship you're just friends and nothing else, so go into your next relationship with zero expectations, go by his lead and if he does something you don't like speak up about it. Look at what I wrote under "My Takes" about relationships and it should help you out.

• He broke up with you after a month? That's so soon. To be honest, you can't really know someone for dating them a month or two. It's hard, because you see him as the guy who treated you so well, but in reality, if he was so amazing he won't have done that to you. You deserve better. I know it's hard to imagine, but there will be a guy out there who will treat you better than him.

• He probably wanted to date other girls in the mean time. Don't fall for him. Move on.

• Maybe he lost his phone or something. Do you have any other way to contact him?

• He's never on Facebook or the dating site we met on

• She's right. His phone is pretty low tech

• Something like this happen to me and I decided not to try and contact him. A month later I found out the reason he hadn't answer me was because he was in the hospital. By that point I was already sort of whit some one else but I still loved him.