Is it bad if a girl is a virgin at 22?

im kind of embarrassed about it. I'll discuss it with friends and its not a big deal but now that i think about it, i dont know if this is such a good thing.

Im 22 and i'm a virgin. I dont think that's that big of a deal. The bad part is that i have never even had a boyfriend or even dated anyone at all. ever. I dont know if that will hurt me or something. I'm really shy. I was worse before. Now i think the shyness kind of helps. People actually talk to me and think i'm adorable and all that crap. i blush easily and i stutter when i get nervous.

The thing is that im not sure if this will scare guys away. there's one guy i like in particular. and im not sure if it will help me or hurt me if i tell him i've never dated. He's very experienced. he even has kids. but he's single. and he's really nice. he even tells me about his kids. he's always telling me that i look nice and he tells me im so sweet and we get along great. he told me i was pretty hot. so i guess yeah. he must like something about me. for weeks he would stare and i'd pretend i wouldn't notice out of being nervous. even though i'd tease him and smile at him a lot and try to be around him often, i think he may have gotten the idea i wasn't interested. its just that i was nervous.

so im not sure if it will be a good idea to tell him that im like that because im completely inexperienced or if i should just keep my mouth shut. he says he likes quiet girls and im quiet so he should know i won't be very forward.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not bad, and you know some people wait till they find the one so that sex can be really special that time, so don't worry its actually a good thing, most of the guys i know would rather be with a girl who's never had sex before than a girl who's a ho and has slept with like over 10 guys, they want a pussy not a bucket. Trust me guys don't express this but they like it if the girl hasn't had sex before and he's the first, most people even regret loosing their virginity at like 14 some don't care.

What Guys Said 14

• According to my dictionary, it's awesome actually.

• You sound wonderful. Yes I think even with your inexperience and shyness your ability to understand body language especially guys is spot on if he's told you your adorable. He's pretty much hooked. Be calm be replaced but open to his approach.

• No it's not bad.

• It's not bad.

• I say tell him so he knows what to expect. then u can go from there. relationships are built on comunication and honesty so put ur cards on the table.

• 1|0
    • wow. did not see that one.
      now i feel like this is a waste of post. :(

• meh i see many of these everyday...

• i shouldve searched for this question then. i shouldve known.

• A virgin at 22? I think you've got your words mixed up. The correct word for the question is do you think 22 year old virgins are in demand. And the answer is YES.

• I would tell him how you feel and yes the shyness will help. But the best thing to do is if really do this you have to have convince in yourself first

• What a major crisis !

• From a guys POV that is one of the most valuable things a girl can have. I'm in love with a 20 year old girl and she is a virgin. And quite frankly I think there are more 20+ year old virgins than you think. You just gotta look in the right places

• OMG! I'd marry u if u were here! I.. only marry virgin cuties 😊

• Sounds like you should tell him.

• Just one thing that I have to say ( u got my respect ) -note : you must tell him

• Why would you even think it's bad? Why on the world it would be bad?

• Because im old. Sort of.
      I thought it would seem like im still single and a virgin because there's something wrong with me

• Old? Seems you never seen and old person before because being from 18 to 24 is not old... You become old when you hit 50 years!

Being a virgin is never a bad thing and I believe most guys are cool with that! SO don't lose hope ;)

What Girls Said 8

• I'm 22 and a virgin and I'm a bad ass, so I think you're solid honey. Don't even worry, you don't hand it out - that isn't a bad thing.

• Nope not bad whats bad is u having sex with someone because of peer presure to lose it! I said it before on gag and to a guy! I respect a guy/girl who waits for someone he cares about! I Freakin Fuckin RESPECT U! You freakin rock all u virgins!

• Absolutely not bad! If you really think about it, do you want to marry a person who is very "experienced"? I'd have a few concerns about it. Only have sex when you absolutely feel it's right no matter how long you wait! I just got out of a 2 year relationship and we never had sex yet that had no cause in our break up!

• Nope, you're fine.

• No! Not weird :)
    I'm the same, if he thinks you're weird he doesn't deserve you!
    I'm waiting for someone special, some of my friends are like 19 and saying they want to lose it and they're having sex with guys they dont even like. That's gross!
    Stay the way you are!!

• Very normal, very common. No big deal.

• it's not bad at all!!!

• I'm 20 and I haven't had sex or a boyfriend before either. I think that a guy won't care. or at least I like to think they won't. I believe if a guy likes you enough he won't care. I haven't even kissed a guy before.