Why do guys try to make girls jealous?

Me and this guy have had a not-so-secret relationship for over 5 years now. All of our friends know but we've never officially dated. We mainly just have sex but I know we have something more than that and so does he. A few weeks ago he asked me if I ever thought about us dating and I freaked out and said "yeah but that's not going to happen". Ever since he's been liking my bestfriends pictures and nothing of mine. Is he trying to make me jealous? I really like him but I just don't know what he wants!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for starters I don't think he's trying to make you jealous, I mean that doesn't sound like he's trying to.(Could be wrong). Anything else that's a little more out of the ordinary? If he's trying to make you jealous, based on what you said I'd say it's because he may have taken it the wrong way. He might have taken it as you saying that you would never date him, just a thought.

• Well I also "hungout" with his bestfriend the other night... We just have terrible lack of communication but I don't know what to say to him to let him know that I like him without totally freaking him out. This has been going on for 5 years now...

• Honestly, I think you should just tell him to be honest.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't make girls jealous.

What Girls Said 1

• You said you don't want to date him so he's looking for other girls I think. Trying to accept that you don't want the same as him. I don't think he's trying to make you jealous, just that. IF YOU FEEL SOMETHING FOR HIM GO TALK TO HIM or else he will find another girl.

• You're probably right but I'm scared! I've been texting him and he should know that I like him. I feel like I make it pretty obvious...

• Ahh you are the best. Thanks so much for your input!

• you're welcome :) good luck!