What to say in an awkward silence?

The title really sums this question up.

Guys I spelt awkward wrong but who cares seriously ! I'm 13 ... Everybody misspells stuff ! And for ur infomation I do know how to spell it except my auto correct changed it !!

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you kissed your penguin lately?
    How's your hemorrhoid?
    Did you hear that Jerry has a new pet opossum?
    Am I the only one that thinks that that kid's hair is weird?
    Why are feet so ugly?
    I can't believe I just ate that whole pickle--WHOLE
    WHOOOA IT JUST GOT QUIET IN HERE!
    **whispers** award silence... a gay baby has been born!
    Why do people call me random?
    Have you never ridden an ostrich?
    How'd ya like that steak at that one place that one night?
    Sooo...

What Guys Said 5

• You start singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RI2gWjWXhY

Just say anything. Even "well this is awkward".

• For the love of God.

Awkward*

• Nothing.

If there's awkward silence, then that means there's not much potential for good conversations anyways.

• "Ahem." ...

• It depends on the context. If its on date, a great guy will not have any awkward silences and hell be able to control the conversation and keep it focused on you. However, awkward silences with friends, I just say "yeah" randomly and it usually starts a conversation about why i said yeah and then they call me weird but at least there's no awkward silence now!

What Girls Said 4

• You know what's awkward? Spelling awkward wrong. Just kidding... but not really. During an awkward silence, change the subject. Ask the person about what they're doing later, for the weekend, what's
    happened at school/work... anything really depending on how well you know the person.

• You just lean in and ask the other person if they want a kiss.
    Then if they say yeah reach into your pocket and hand them a Hersey kiss.
    I recommend the white chocolate peppermint, cause tis the season.

• "Well this is awkward" Just point out the obvious

That really doesn't happen when your with me though..

• you can talk about your inability to spell, that's always an option.

• Ur like the 3rd person who has said this now and u wanna know what I'm 13 who gives a dam I spelt 1 word wrong :3

• you keep saying you "spelt" one word wrong, and I wasn't gonna say anything 'cause you're 13 and it's the internet, but God somebody has to educate our youth. It's "spelled" not "spelt". "Spelt" isn't even a word. :/

• Well spelt is in the dictionary and we have been taught it in school so maybe u were taught differently :) I understand were ur coming from but spelt is a word even look up is spelt a word and ur answer is there :) xx