I want a boyfriend? Is that bad?

I'm 15. I'm allowed to date. My mom trusts me. I feel like I have an empty void that needs to be filled. I love my family and family love is a wonderful thing and the most important thing. But I feel like the love I want is a different kind. I'm not that pretty. I have acne and I'm a bit pudgy and maybe my low self confidence is why I need attention but I just want someone. I need someone. Is that wrong? At my age? And I don't mean in a sexual way (I'm waiting until marriage) I mean I want to mean the world to someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think wanting someone is a bad thing; I think it's in all human nature, both male and female, to want affection! Love is a bond that all humans crave; it's special and unique!
    However, I don't believe rushing into a relationship is a good idea either! You don't want to train yourself to base your self-worth on the affection of another person. Knowing that somebody is attracted to you is, of course, a confidence-booster, though it's not healthy to become dependent on that as the only measure of your self-worth! You are an important, wonderful human-being, and you owe yourself the self-respect to know that you are not just an accessory to another person!
    I don't mean to be negative, haha, it's just that your post seems unsure, and I don't want you undermining yourself! Relationships aren't a bad thing by any means, and like I said, are definitely a confidence-booster. It's fine to want love and affection! But just make sure that you can carry yourself, too!

What Guys Said 2

• No, that's not bad :) Go for it, just remember that like how you want a boyfriend, guys want sex, all guys, but more so the ones your age, so watch out for that, some pricks will very well tell you what you want to hear in order to get it. So, go for it but find the right guy and always be careful and you should be just fine :)

• You sound like every girl I have ever met.

What Girls Said 4

• Girl, it is not a bad thing to want to be loved that way. I think everyone goes through that. And it's okay to have acne or a little pudge. None of that really matters because our physical traits not look as great as we get older. It's what's on the inside that matters. And yeah, that saying is said a lot, but it's said for a reason. Don't fall for the first guy that gives you attention though. Fall for a guy who gives you the respect that you deserve and that makes you feel happy by being you. Remember that heartbreak is bound to happen at some point, but always remember to keep your head up high because you're a great person and there's a lot of people out there in the world. Anyways, good luck to you on finding that right guy. The first step is to love yourself first!

• darling, wanting a boyfriend is totally normal and natural! 😊

• No its not wrong that you want someone, its ok if you have acne and your pudgy. im sure someone will like you for you i also have low self confidence but im working on it. good luck beautiful!

• Just be yourself. Be approachable. It will work. Beauty, hotness doesn't last forever.