Are men intimidated by me?

Are men intimidated by me? Or do they just not find me attractive? I'm 18, long blonde hair, and I often wear black eye make up, a leather jacket, black boots (pretty much a lot of black) I never thought of myself as being "ugly" but whenever I'm at parties or just downtown out and about, I've never had men come up and flirt (or even try to talk to me) is this because of the way I look and my "edgy" style? Sometimes I feel if I were to dress more girly and feminine, then more people would want to get to know me. But that's just not me. Are guys turned off by women who wear leather and black, or by women who have a more "edgy" appearance? I understand that everyone finds different things attractive but even the more edgy looking men won't talk to me. What is going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're attractive, and I don't think the way you dress is the reason for what's happening. I think it's more about how you project yourself to others, than on how you look. What I mean by "project yourself" I mean your body language. You're worried about this, about not being liked by men, and that thought translates to your body language, to your facial expressions. You may think you look chill, happy and friendly, but maybe you actually look sad, or even angry (even though it's not your intention).
    Body language is one of the biggest reasons to approach or not. Most guys won't approach a girl that's with her arms folded, or if she's using headphones.
    Start thinking about how you stand, walk, what's your facial expression; be aware of this, and if you realize you're closing up, change, open up, look more friendly, relaxed.

I don't know if this is exactly the reason why men don't approach, it's just a guessing, because it's definitely because of your beauty or the way you dress. You're beautiful, and you dress nice (according to what you said), so it has to be because of your non-verbal behavior.

What Guys Said 18

• It can be intimidating yes. Women usually don't understand this, because they rarely approach themselves, and guys are even more fearful today because practically any approach is seen as sexual assault these days. I remember watching some video this year with a girl walking in New York, and the video was showing how women are constantly sexually harassed. Some of the moves guys were making was questionable, but a lot of it was just guys saying, hi, or you look beautiful. Understand what the situation is today, and act accordingly. If you want male attention in 2014/2015, you need to do way more than flicker your eyelashes at a guy. You've got to be way more obvious.

i'm not turned off by women who dress like that, and you're not even close to being ugly. But I caution you to not let your good looks get to your head. Many girls don't realize when they have a chip on their shoulder because of all the attention they get, and you can often see it in their face, or hear it in their voice... and that's one more reason why you may be passed over.

• You're fine. Try approaching guys you like also, nothing wrong with a hi how are you to help a shy guy start conversion.

• its probably because most men think u r not the type who wants there attention
    girls who dont dress in bold colors we end up thinking she doesn't wants us
    your looks dont have nothing to do with that, change your cloths

• Guys probably think you're out of their league, so they don't talk to you out of fear of rejection.

• 1|1
  • Try wearing red next time you go out... and tell me if it's different, studies show men correlate the color red with sexual maturity and attraction
    And no I'm not intimidated by your "edgy style"

• If I found you attractive and you acknowledged me I'd approach you. I'm intimidated by no girl!

Except @misscoffeehead

• You look far from a scary monster... So no. What it is is that guys think that your taken and probably have many plan for the weekend... And since they don't like to get rejected they think "oh why bother"...

• Without knowing what you look like and how you act, it's impossible to answer.

• Probably, I find you very attractive o. O

• Where is the HAWT pix?

• Do you smile at all? Are you friendly?

• You are incredibly beautiful. I mean I would talk to you forever if you let me. Are you just a dominant girl perhaps?

• Sounds intimidating

• You r cute and attractive dont worry

• All these questions don't mean anything without a pic seriously.

• That pic you uploaded isn't the most flattering when it comes to judging you as a 'whole' but from what I can see, you're pretty attractive. Your hair is great and your makeup is great, yep you're probably intimidating. I usually don't approach your type of girls (unless she's really friendly and isn't what I thought she would be like). I feel like they probably want a ripped model with a fat wallet.

• Lots of guys are often intimidated by hot goth girls like you ;)

• Probably think you're taken

What Girls Said 1

• I did this once:
    I smiled a lot
    I wore very girly clothes
    And I was confident.

I'm not even joking more than 5 guys came up to me that day