How to tell a guy he's friendzoned?

It is obviously he likes me. We don't know each other for a long time, so we're not that good friends... Though he's awesome person. funny, I enjoyed being with him, I am just not ready for a relationship. I don't want to hurt him, but how to say that?

Thank you in advance :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If he asks you out tell him exactly that: you're not ready for a relationship. But if you got to know him better, then...

What Guys Said 3

• You dont really just tell him. He will probably get it by some of the things you do, Like just act like he's another one of your normal male and female friends and he should understand whats happening.
    I don't think you should just say in friend zoning you cos I'm pretty sure most girls don't do it on purpose
    Anyway

Hope this helps.

• Just tell him that you think he's a great person and he's fun to hang out with, but that you aren't ready for a relationship right now. That reason should hurt less than trying to sugarcoat "I'm not attracted to you" anyways. If he's cool with a friendship great, but don't be angry at him if he wants to move on. It sounds like he wants more and it's difficult for many people to settle on the consolation prize of just a friendship.

• Just say "Friends" a lot in your conversations...

What Girls Said 1

• I think friend zoning and not being ready are completely different. Friend zoning means you would never consider him as more than a friend or like a brother. Guys usually get upset over this because it means they don't have a chance. If you genuinely might like him as more than friends in a few years time than just explain your not ready, simple as. However if that's not the case do not lead him on as it would be awful and unfair if he 'waited' for you yet you never intended to date him.