Do guys mean it when they say "I love you"?

So I became friends with this guy when we started college. (We begun talking April as seniors, then around August, September, we drifted apart (my fault) and reconnected in October.) He had a girlfriend of almost half a year but dumped her. A week later he kissed me and asked me out.
We spent the two weeks in December with each other almost every minute (because it was a laid back finals weeks) And two weeks into our relationship he said he loved me.
Can he truly love me even though we've only been dating for a short amount of time? Do guys only say they love you if they mean it?
(Ps. He's not looking for just sex because he's aware that I'm waiting for marriage and said he'd wait for me.)

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably means it. Sometimes people do say stuff that they don't mean, but trust him until he gives you a reason not to.

What Guys Said 5

• in your case? nah

• I do mean if it I say it, then again I haven't said it in a decade or so.. One of my rules I live by.. Don't say it unless u mean it. This goes for things I dislike..

• I don't see any reason to doubt him, he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would lie about that.

• Well when I say "I love you" I mean it. But that is just me

• I honestly due not truly believe the love is genuinely heartfelt considering that short amount of time although this May not be the case always. From my perspective, a guy, we usually typically genuinely say I Love You after about a month and a half to around 2 months. However this May not always be true for all guys.

What Girls Said 2

• I am not sure that guys always know what love means. Or maybe the problem is that we think about love in a different way. It means something totally different to us. So when someone says I love you to me, I put it in the context of how long we have known each other (hopefully a long long time), whether or not he has seen me when I am really moody, or without makeup, or sweaty after a run, or in the morning before i have brushed my teeth or brushed my hair. I always take into account that he is a guy after all and he might be sending a different message than I understand. All this I think about and then if everything is just right and the stars are aligned (which doesn't happen very often at all) I look him in the eye and say "I love you too.) Wish you all the best!

• He might... Its deffinantly possible promably he means it