Should I go out on New Years or stay home with my family? Difficult choice between two sides, choosing one over the other?

My boyfriend invited me to hangout with his family and friends on New Years, he said he could reserve my parents a spot so they could come as well. I later find out that he never did and it was just me he reserved a spot for. Since I still reside under my parents roof I still have to run everything by them before I do it. I'm 19 and I still have to ask mommy for a play date. So I ask them and they immediately say no, they don't want me out in the late hours of the night. My boyfriend keeps assuring me that I need to go and I shouldn't have to ask. But with my moms surgery coming up I also don't feel like I shouldn't add unneeded stress for her but I also want to go out and enjoy myself. My mother is worried and scared for me to be out late at night because of all the drunk people and chaos the night will bring. I'm stuck because I want to please both sides but also I don't want to freak out my mom and terrify her about whether or not I'll come home or not, I will of course but I'm stuck on what I should do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Seeing that I also had similar choices to make, I chose wrongly. So I say, choose your family. Your boyfriend will always be there. If he makes you stray from a temporary setback in your life that needs attention, he isn't boyfriend material.

Don't really sacrifice your life, being bound by blood, but, just be thoughtful. Know when to tread.

• Thanks for MHO, I thought you would be creped out by my wording lol. Don't know why I phrased it that way.

What happened/did it work out?

• I made him go without me and I told him to have a good time. I ended up staying home. I liked your answer a lot, thank you!

• That's good, but did he take your idea well? Hopefully he didn't give you too much of a hard time. Your mom alright?

Feels like I'm intruding, when I'm more so, networking with you lol.

What Guys Said 3

• go out with your family and get drunk. duh.

• family is first because you seen them first.

• Family always comes first.

What Girls Said 2

• I want to please both sides ( boyfriend:1, family:1) but also I don't want to freak out my mom and terrify her about whether or not I'll come home or not (boyfriend: 1, family: 2) You just made the decision.

• If I were you I'd stay with the family.