GUYS: Should I just give up?

So me and my ex decided to try dating again. We have mutual friends so whenever we saw each other, we'd flirt and stuff which led into the conversation of possibly getting back together. The problem is, I feel like he is putting zero effort into trying to be with me again. It's always me asking if he wants to hang out, and 90% of the time, the answer is no even though he isn't THAT busy. He told me he was going through some stuff and needed a little space, and I honoured that, but then he invited his friend over to stay the night. Like what the heck? If he wanted to be alone, why would he invite his friend over and not me? So his friend Nolan was texting me while he was at my exs/kinda bfs house and said to come over. So I did. When I was there, my ex/kinda bf was SUPER touchy, putting his arm around me, grabbing my butt, touching my hair, rubbing my thighs when I was sitting on his lap, and intertwining his fingers with mine. But then now that I'm back at home, he's being distant again. I mentioned to him that it feels like he's consonantly pushing me away, and he brought up the military because he's thinking about enrolling and he said to me "What are you going to do when I'm gone for months at a time?" So out of all this, should I just give up on the idea of a relationship with him? Or any thoughts from guys? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• im a hardcore gamer and if i had a girl id put my controller down to spend time with her

What Guys Said 1

• If a guy is truly interested in a girl he'll put some effort in to getting her, also if he's joining the military can you handle months of little to no contact with him?

• No, I would hate that...

• Then just leave him to his own devices and focus on someone new.

What Girls Said 1

• I think maybe he's torn between getting hopes up for a relationship with you vs. distancing himself for possibly being away for months at a time. If he wasn't interested in really getting back together I don't think he'd be acting that way around you when you're in the room.