How to get rid of a guy, who I dont like anymore?

we met about 6 years ago, all this time we were more like just pen pals, social friends... never a couple, thought we behaved kinda like on the date, but never anything serious.
So lately i understood, that I DONT LIKE HIM ANYMORE, not even a little and i dont want to be friends any more.

But i can't tell this straight, so i behaved awfully, didn't come to meetings, was silent, strange with him... lol and other weird things, that normally would scare any guy...
but he... he keep text me and ask same questions over and over again, like "hi, what r u doing? i am at home not doing much"
i even dont answer on half of them and usually answer short and kinda sharp...
but still he keep texting me...

i dont even know what to do? any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guy is just lonely, and doesn't have many people to talk to by the sounds of it. He's also known you for 6 years now so of course he's going to keep reaching out to you.

Don't ignore him, that's not helping the situation. You need to straight up tell him not to contact you. It's going to hurt him but its better he knows than continuing to give him any hope. You just don't really see him as a friend, would appreciate going your separate ways, and good luck. Don't need to get into specifics with the questions that will follow, just ask him to respect your decision and just would like to move on from this friendship

What Guys Said 4

• Just be straight with him and tell him that you need to move on and wish him well. He may ask all sorts of questions and you just tell him firmly that you have outgrown the friendship and you are moving on. What else can you do?

• i can't tell stright

• people change, i was VERY young when we met

• yes i am sure they do. I am not saying you should stay friends. I am saying it is not nice to not just tell him and instead be mean to him until he goes away. Yes people change and sometime there is just nothing left to be friends about, but we can still be courteous. I wish you well with this!

• Don't do the ignoring crap, he deserves to be treated like he is a human being and you shouldn't ignore him. Tell him straight up that you don't feel like talking anymore in the nicest way possible. It may hurt him, but it hurts more to be ignored and cut off without being told.

• why can't you just straight up ask him to stop contacting you?

• yeah.. you are being a jerk for not being straight up with him. just send him a text saying im sorry but i dont think being friends is working out please stop contacting me

• Give him super bowl Tickets

What Girls Said 2

• It took you SIX YEARS to "suddenly" realise you don't like him... You absolutely disgust me.

• You shouldn't ignore him. Just tell him you don't want him to contact you anymore but don't be ignorant and rude to him