I am taking a chance on a guy who told me that he doesn't want a serious relationship?

We have been talking and going out. We have fun and it's great but deep down I know that he doesn't want something serious. I just feel like I am taking a risk. You say why? Because I think I could change his mind. I don't know, call it stupid I guess. I am at the early stage of dating. Should I give up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest to one another. Don't expect the relationship to go further. Be upfront and you can continue with the relationship as long as you two communicate and understand what the other wants from the other. Don't open your heart too much to him so you can be on guard.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes... you will save yourself a lot of heartache in life when you realize that you cannot change anyone. They have to want to change.

Like I suspect that what i am going to say will fall on deaf ears... but I am trying anyway. The differences is, i can shrug my shoulders and say "One of these days I am going to be able to say to her 'I told you so.'" You on the other hand if you keep pursuing him are going to shake your head and say "I should have listened."

Anyway, there is always 1 out of a 1000 that can change someone. Maybe you are that one. Good luck!

• Thank you for your answer. But he is really nice to me and doesn't mind going out with me so I don't understand why he goes out of his way to spend some time with me.

• Ok... I will keep in mind your advice.

• What do you plan on doing in your attempt to change his mind?

• Okay, so why do you guys say it's not possible that a relationship can develop over time?

• I was thinking that I could change his mind with my personality. Although, I know that he has a Tinder account. I guess you guys are right. It's a lost cause.

• Your personality lol? I would love to for you to explain further.

• Then doesn't that prove women don't really listen to men?

• Have you slept with him yet?

• No, I am not giving in to him.

What Girls Said 0