Girls is there such thing as a "boyfriend zone"?

Is it true that girls put guys in the "possible boyfriend zone"? Someone said this and I don't believe it.

• Yes there's a boyfriend zone
  • No such thing
For example he is cute and has a lot in common with you, but you're not quite ready for a relationship. Like he is boyfriend material.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aka being intersted in someine romantically. It's nOt a zone its a state of being and has varying degreesof longevity depending upon the persons involved possibility if reciprocation and extenuating circumstances.

in my opinion Women and men know whether they are intersted in someone when ir shortly after meeting them. Settling doesn't mean their interest changed over time or that anyone git out if a "zone".

And yeah oeople meet people when they do not want a rekationship but they can still recognize they'd otherwuse be intersted.

This usnt a zone Bc mout prople don't sit around waiting fir someine who likes them but has no intention of getting involved fir the next who knows how long.

It'd be extraordinarily presumptuous to assume just bc you like someone and are not ready to date that when you're ready they'd just be waiting... Which is the only way a gf or bf zone would work. Unless you're the one waiting for them to be ready which again is not practical.

There is interst. Non interst. Not intersted atm. I don't see why anyone needs extra titles fir basic emotional reactions to other orople.

Friend zone was invented to make orople feel like they had some control over whether they git in ir hit out if it instead of resigning themsekves to the fact it's jit happening.

I'm not sure what the bf zone dies for anyone unless its giving hope that one day... Which is basically the same thing as hoping to get out if the friend zone which in my opinion diesnt exist.

I've liked guys when I'm not ready to be in a rekationship but I don't "put" them somewhere bc its nit my place to do so. People decide on their Ian whether they are intersted ir not.

The mist you can do us tell them you're intersted but gave x y z in the way so you won't be ready to date fir - then give them some kind of solid number- and they decide if they want to wait or not.

I think zone misleading bc it undermines definite intentions a person has. It functions on

• The basis that person diesnt know their mind and the outcome can be controlled if done properly.

I think categories makes more sense.

Friend category.

Relationship category.

Sex category.

Acquaintance category.

Co worker category.

etc.

I think most orople instantly know which category this person gets placed in in their mind.

What Girls Said 43

• I've never heard of the boyfriend zone. I either fall for you or I don't. There's no in between phase where all potential boyfriends rest. I can usually tell instantly when I've fallen for someone and then all my attention gets shifted to that one person and I don't even notice other guys anymore...

• I'm going through this right now, this girl sees no one else but me... Why do ladies love so intensely so quickly?

• That's how love works... if you meet the right person it just hits you right in the face and you become obsessed. But it really works both ways. I've seen guys fall quick and hard too.

• There is no such thing as any zones... this is a myth created by pop culture... y'all need to stop believing everyhting you hear...

• There is definitely a boyfriend zone. It's pretty much like a 'possibility list'. You want to scope out the guys before you tie yourself down to one person.

• Lol yes that is a thing.

• Are you never tempted when you feel something chemical for a guy other than your bf? Message me if you want to answer privately!

• I can honestly and genuinely tell you that I have never felt a chemical response to any guy other than my boyfriend. I'm lucky that way.

• A zone where the guy is always a potential consideration for a boyfriend, but she's not pursuing him for whatever reason? Nah, I don't think so. I don't think it's a zone, everyone is always considered at one point or another but they don't get a fancy warm bench to sit on while I contemplate 'cause they're not in my mind long enough.

• A lot of girls go through a phase in life where they want a boyfriend but they're not particularly interested in anyone, plus they don't want to get their hopes up about nice guys they meet, in case they get rejected. I would say that's the possible boyfriend zone?

• I've never heard of it, but it kind of make sense. I guess someone could qualify for boyfriend zone when I'm not completely ready to be in a relationship, but would want to pursue one with the guy in the future.

• The friend zone is a lie to me.
    90% of the guys I ever date are long term friends.

• How do you transition from being friends with those guys to dating?

• I'm sure I can't be the only one 😊
      Love is best and most enjoyable when you are also good friends

• Good to hear.
      I actually agree. :)

Thanks. XD

• Not necessarily called that specifically.. but I guess that's equivalent or related to being 'husband material' or the non gender specific term marriageable/dateable

• I've never heard of it before, but it sounds stupid.

• Yeah, it's kinda odd, but usually within thirty minutes of me meeting a guy, I'll put him in either the boyfriend zone, the friend zone, or the he-kinda-freaks-me-out zone haha The last one doesn't happen fairly often.

• Never thought of it as that but I say yes. I dated a guy when I was 14 but moved soon after. I am now almost 20 and moving back and I still want to be with him. We have been seeing other people because we couldn't do long distance but I know I will never want to be just friends with him.

• Oh heck yeah! Especially if you don't know how he feels. It's like putting things into your online shopping cart but you have to do some research on the product first

• Never head of such a term but the way you explained, yeah definitely I have a couple boys in the 'boyfriend zone' though, and I would consider it a good thing, with privileges.

• Yes there are plenty of guys who have a lot of potential (it's just they don't have their shit together or we don't have our shit together) not every girl wants a man at their every breathing second. Some of us prefer being single, we like the breathing room.

• I think so. It means he's potential boyfriend material. Although I've never heard of the term boyfriend zone.

• I think this is called 'dating phase'.

• woah that just confused me hahaha its either im into you or not... sounds more like in your example that she's just taking you as a friend?

• Yeah i'd say its a thing

• seems like there is for a lot of the other girls around here. But for me there isn't. eithere you get in the relationship with the guy or you dont. you dont have to make it so dificult.

• nope.
    ...

• Umm... could you explain what that means?

• Totally. If I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment but he's someone I'd date he gets mentally filed away in a special little reserve of guys I should flirt with next time I want to date someone

• yes when you flirt let them flirt with you and come to you.

• Absolutely !

• for sure hahahah yeah this exists i just didn't know it was called that

• i wanna say yes and no depending on the girl and whats going on in the situation

• Either I'm interested or not. I will talk with guys but I never flirt with anyone unless I am interested.

• Like a "I don't know he is cute and I wouldn't mind dating him" type of category?

• Haha never heard of it

What Guys Said 24

• Generally with human behaviour. If you can assign a relatively reasonable description to it, it exists. There will be women who have "backups", or "Break in case of emergency" men on their F/B friends list & what not. How common is it? Well that's a completely different question.

I know both men & women who have behaved in such a manner. It is a well recognised behaviour, a double standard that women exhibit. She can have a lot of male friends of her social networking friends lists. Yet she freaks out if you have any girls. Such double standards might be expressions of projection. She's freaking out because she knows why she has male friends on her social networks & she feels you are behaving in a similar manner.

• Yes, and it kinda sucks because I'm not trying to date, so I'm looking for a friends with benefits not a relationship, but at the same time, I'm flattered that they like my weirdass. Some of my female friends have caught feelings so now I can't sleep with them because I don't wanna play with their hearts but after awhile they let their feelings, that I won't act on, get them down, leading them to think less of me and/or hate me. :/ but then they'll sleep with guys who aren't, "boyfriend material" and I'm like, "the fuck?"
    So if I wasn't boyfriend material they would sleep with me -_-

• Yes I think there is a male friendzone. A zone where the guy only thinks of you as their friend and nothing more? oh yea. I friendzoned a girl once. I literally told her I only see her as a friend. I think it takes the right mindset for such a zone to exist. I know when I was younger, maybe 8th grade or 7th grade, I would say yes to a girlfriend no matter who she was. In my mind, girlfriend meant this magical thing called sex. Now that I'm in college, I guess i have a more solid definition of love and what I want out of a girl. This means I will reject girls if I find them incompatible with my emotions, or i don't have a great time with them. I will not pay attention to the potential love making I'll have with them. stuff like that.

• I don't think it's called 'boyfriend zone' . It would rather be 'boyfriend material' or 'husband material'.

• Would boyfriend zone be a special zone inside the friendzone made of possible boyfriends friends? Wow! Never thought about it. Now I wanna see the female answers.

• I'm in the twilight zone

• Its the people who thought they were friendzoned and "escaped" it by dating the girl.

• You mean a zone where a clingy girl doesn't want to break up with her BF but he does want to break up? I don't get it.

• There such a thing, some girls like to have a lot of guy "friends". Who they like to talk to when "he" is being a jerk. Its like being in the friendzone for good looking guys. When they dump or get dumped you're the #1 draft pick.

• Yeah no. That's pretty much what the friend zone is. Doesn't matter what her problem with you is, but if she doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, you're in the friend zone.

• It's called "I find him attractive and I kinda like him as a person".
    Voted A).

• As a guy I'll say yes there is, but I'm not about to take no for an answer. If she doesn't want to be with me I guess that means good bye.

Obviously it could be a timing thing, so I might keep her in mind but I'm not about to sit there and chase. I'll move on to the next girl.

• Yes, it's called dating.

• When there is a friend zone, then there is a boyfriend zone as well, it's only logical.

• Well I to thought id been friend zoned a couple times but I have eventuly ended up dating her. Maby I was just boyfriend zoned.

• yeah, just as there is a friend zone, a creeper zone etc etc.

• Never heard of it, but it seems logical. I think its legit.

• This question is so obvious it shouldn't even be asked. Girls are biologically more selective than men, and most men even have date/don't date zones.

• Has happened to a friend... so yes.

• Yeah, I've never been friend zoned.

The girls always see a possibility with me.

• she's lying

• The "boyfriend zone" is when you're regularly having sex with her and she isn't going out with anyone else.

• I laugh whenever I hear this and friend zone. If you get zoned bf or friend. Move on, they just want attention and are using you as a backup or shoulder to lean on temporarily when they are hurt or something doesn't go right with their other bf. A load of bs and games. Girls typically don't know what they want and they act like attention whores. Not all. If you don't believe me, try finding another girl and flirt or start hanging with that new girl. Maybe even date and see what happens.

• Yes I have been in such a situation. The girl even put out for me a couple times but said she wasn't ready to commit. It made me feel used cause she apparently liked me enough to fuck me but not enough to be my girlfriend.