Guys and girls. Would you date a guy even though he didn't have abs?

Are abs a must have? Or would you be willing to date someone with no abs? Cause I have no abs I'm 5"7 112 pounds so I'm just chubby but I feel like no guy would date me unless I had abs

Most Helpful Girl

• For me I find guys more attractive if they aren't too fat. Like they don't have to be toned and skinny, but if they had a flabby belly I'd find them unattractive. However, saying that I wouldn't completely disregard somebody based on their looks, since what I find more important in someone is their personality.

What Girls Said 13

• I have no idea about the preferences of gay men, but I can only assume that it's down to each individual.

My boyfriend doesn't have abs and we've been together for nearly 3 years. Sure, they look hot, but it's not a requirement for me. :p

• 112 lbs? How is that chubby?

• I know that it's not chubby but it's how I view myself

• How does that work - if you know you aren't chubby how can you still view yourself so?

• I don't know why. I know that someone at my weight is skinny but when I look at myself all I see is fat

• Depends on the guy/girl... Personally, I really don't care as long as they take pride in their appearance (it doesn't mean you have to dress up all the time, just making sure you shower and wear appropriate clothes for whatever you're doing at the time) and eat reasonably well.

• How are you chubby at 112 pounds at 5'7 ?
    Some girls would date guys without abs, & some would not.

• A very large percent of guys don't have abs. If he's still in shape I'd be good ;)

• my boyfriend doesn't have abs, I mean yh its nice to have a guy with abs but its not that important. are u gay then? as u said 'no guy would date me unless I had abs'

• Yes im Gay

• thnk for the advice :) and yeah low self esteem sucks

• I have commented on ur question x

• Yes, as long as he doesn't have a flabby belly

• it doesn't sound like you're chubby lol, and yeah a lot of guys don't have abs it's completely fine.

• Rock hard abs turn me off... don't know why.

• DUUUUUUUUUHH

• What? I don't give a shit about abs. I do give a shit about arm and shoulder size, and how strong he is though, but it's not something that would make it a yes or no.

• My husband has no abs :) he's really skinny but i love him the way he is

• Some would. Some wouldn't.

What Guys Said 6

• Buddy... I've personally known two guys who didn't "not have abs" they were downright fat, but married hotties. One guy was the sort that had an extra layer of blubber, the other guy was flat out obese.

The blubber guy was a waiter at a sushi restaurant... he married some fucking adorable Vietnamese girl. (Not a mail order bride deal, but some girl who was an immigrant.)

The morbidly obese guy married this hot blond he met at church... she was probably 20, 21, and easily an 8.

• I'm not exactly sure how you can be chubby at 112 lbs and 5' 7" but I know for a fact that most girls will date a guy despite his likely lack of a six pack

• I wouldn't date a guy if he didn't have abs. To be fair I wouldn't date a guy if he did either.

• Don't know anything about the preferences of gay guys unfortunately.

• Are you gay?

• Ask if they'd find a sixpackless guy sexually attractive. They'd date, but would they wanna tap?