Why is it okay for guys but not girls?

Why is it socially acceptable for a guy to date a girl who is a year or 2 younger, but yet if a girl dates younger its not as acceptable?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it depends on your ages, like anytime you're under 18 you'll be judged no matter who you date. Maturity is also a big part of it, like if a 16 year old girl was dating an immature 14 year old I might understand why she'd be judged. But being honest it's never okay to judge someone on their choices as long as they're not hurting anyone else and people should realize that.

What Guys Said 9

• Well, several reasons:
    (1.) Guys in general like younger women because of their feminine appearance, innocence, and subordinace since she's younger. Girls in general like older men because they are more masculine, mature, stable, and are leaders. Usually in any culture, deviance from the norm isf a widely accepted thing.
    (2.) Because as a woman you're not "supposed" to want a guy younger than you. You're supposed to want mature, financially well-off, sexually experienced, and settling mindset men who can provide for you and a family. It doesn't matter if this isn't "right", a lot of women flow this direction in the stream. It becomes a matter of "what do you see in him? He's younger!" Women aren't supposed to just "go" for any guy, he has to be worth value to her. Others will see a younger guy as less valuable.

I don't think it's a good thing, but I can totally understand why it isn't normally accepted.

• It goes back to men being the "protectors" of women. A man who is older than the woman is more experienced, and can therefore protect her moreso than someone her own age. But a woman being older than the man means he is less experienced than her, or anyone else she could be with, and is therefore less effective at protecting her than someone else.

• I think it's just the opposite. 30+ yr old women have sexual relationships with teenage boys and are awarded child support payments and state benefits. In the reverse scenario, the guy gets raped and murdered in prison, and those on the outside approve.

• Because girls don't like younger guys.

• Because since girls mature faster/earlier than guys their already seen as some sort of a young adult (I'm assuming you're around 15-17) and during the teen years when you're still growing their are major differences between ages.

• I think there is nothing wrong with dating someone older, or younger. Your feelings are yours, and yours only. The term "socially acceptable" just means that it isn't normal, and normal is boring right?

• Unacceptable? To whom?

• Honestly it depends on the maturity and age. For instance 18 and 15-16 dating.

• Where does it say that?

What Girls Said 3

• It's acceptable for me. I don't follow the rules. my rule its i can't be more than two years older than you or younger vice versa

• It's not my cuppa tea to date younger, but I don't remember ever being told that it's wrong?

• Screw society. If you really like the guy date him. Diaz did it with Timberlake.