Does it seem needy if the guy is the one that wants to define the relationship or be more serious?

I feel like its a stereotype that the girl wants the serious relationship and the guy just wants to date around.

Because of that stereotype, its often perceived as unmanly or needy for a guy to want to define the relationship, or be more official, or commit to a more serious relationship.

What do you think ladies? Do you find it unattractive when a guy you've been dating says he wants something more serious?

Most Helpful Girl

• hell no there's nothing wrong with that! I think that is almost every girls ideal situation if the guy would just speak up and tell us what we are or what he wants out of the relationship. Please go for it :)

• When is a good time to have that conversation you think?

• well I think it depends on a few things first-
      how long have you been dating?
      does she seem to like you, respond to your calls/dates?
      does she treat you with respect and act caring?
      Has she hinted anything about her feelings towards you or that she wants to pursue something more serious?
      If she's pretty much done all or much of the above, Id go for it, main factor is you dont want to scare her too soon, how long have you been dating?

What Girls Said 4

• No, at all! I would say all the opposite, i find it attractive when a guy wants something more serious.

• Is that for any guy you're dating? Or is it only attractive if the guy is also someone you want to be serious with?

• Both, i mean when a guy wants to have something serious its cause he really likes you and it makes you feel good and appreciated. I dont know if I answered what you asked ahah

• It doesn't seem needy at all! If that's what you rlly want, you should be honest with her and tell her :)

• I find it endearing if a guy wants to commit to a serious relationship, it shows that he cares.

• Sometimes its seen as creepy. when a guy wants something more stable, it hints that he thinks lowly of himself.

What Guys Said 1

• Demonology saying you must think lower of yourself if you want something stable.. lol I'm not a female but I've been with my chick for two years. That's find bri just let it come naturally. Don't rush into things.