Are very far distant relationships possible?

I am talking about two different countries

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• My Cousin lived away at college from his now girlfriend of 5 years it was a place 9 hours away they literally saw each other once in that time I assume they were talking almost everyday during the 9 months he was gone but ya they are possible they just require a lot of effort lots of texting and talking the odd Skype here and there you can make it work it'll be difficult but you can do it :)

What Girls Said 5

• i guess it's only possible if both people are extremely driven to make it work. there's a lot to think about.

-when do u plan on meeting?
    - how will you tell yourself to stay loyal?
    - can u go without dates for so long?
    etc...

just needs commitment. i personally wouldn't agree to be a man's gf unless i see him in person to begin with.

• My boyfriend moved to Russia and with timezones and school and everything it just didn't work out. We still text sometimes but we're just friends.

• Yes, as long as both persons puts equally as much effort in the relationship and makes it a priority. My sister has been long distance (different countries) with her boyfriend for 2 years now (they've been together for 3 years) and they're planning to move together this year :)

• Sure, they're possible. But I wouldn't suggest it.

• usually no, but it depends on people
    if both, (boyfriend and girlfriend) really tries hard, it might work.
    but if one side didn't, it won't work
    thats why it is hard do keep the relationships in long distance.

What Guys Said 7

• Possible, but most likely not sustainable. You have to eventually meet or else you're just talking to a computer/phone/letter/text

• possibilities:

0.1%

• Of course long distance relationships are possible. I happen to have a GF who lives in Ukraine, while I'm in the Bay Area. Long distance relationships typically require patience from both sides, however, when it comes to seeing each other, and it is very important that both people find a way to communicate regularly whether it is by email, phone, etc. since they can't immediately meet face-to-face.

• I think it comes to the dedication of the two people, anything can work if people are committed to make it work

• Possible but difficult.

• Yes, anything is possible but it's very hard to work out.

• Yes! My gf lives in the same country but still pretty far away.