How bad was this conversation?

I am trying to gauge how bad this conversation was with a girl. A little honesty would be accepted.

Me: Hello miss,

Did you see my lost pet elephant of 2 metres

Sorry, it was a challenge not a joke

Her: And I thought it was a joke...

Me: Well, it was I am joke with everybody but I did not see you laugh

So, did you see my pet elephant or not? He was pink with vanilla smell? :))

Her: :))

Me: Wow, you already responded back, we are making progress :))

Her: Are you always joking around?

Me: Well yes, I see that you are joking around too

Her: No I am not

Me: Well I am, my first word that I said was "joke" :))

Her: This conversation can be called a joke too

Me: Ohh, you said a joke, this is a joke in another joke

Her: If you say so

I am almost convinced that she was mocking me and she was annoyed even. Maybe I could have said something better?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you were fine, you seemed like a funny person, I would have wanted to talk to you, she sounds like a asshole, though maybe she's just having a bad day and wasn't in the mood for joking around, I didn't understand the whole pink elephant thing, maybe she didn't either.

What Girls Said 2

• She is not interested

• She didn't like the joke and just tried to act nice in hoping there could be a normal conversation. I think you could have said something better.

• Yes, I think so. I think she was interested at first and gave me another chance but I guess I was not on the same wave lenght as her. Or I need to broaden my joke repertoire. Still she was hot as hell and actually texted me back, she probably gets texted all the time so taking her time to reply back must mean something.

• You were indeed not on the same wave length. I think she likes a more serious conversation with some ironic jokes in it. I think it's not too late. Just text her again and try some other stragety

• I don't know, I started dating and liking another girl and I was just wondering how could I have pulled this around. Now that I think about it, it was really good that I stayed calm and did not care what she said to me. That meant I was in control. Also I could have continued the chain of jokes until something worked out.

What Guys Said 1

• Lol yeah she probably thought you was a friggin moron to be honest bro.

• Yeah, you are right. Now that I look at it, it seems terrible. Probably better of keeping my mouth shut lol.