Is it weird that I still love her after this?

So I spent the night out with my girlfriend yesterday for New Years. We pulled up to a park while it was dark out and she confessed something big to me. She told me before she got her life together that when she was younger (she'll be 30 this year) she went to jail for getting involved with the wrong people. Despite her telling me this, I still love her. I know everyone makes mistakes. Am I weird to still love her despite telling me that she went to jail?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird. She opened up to you because she felt comfortable enough to share with you. And apparently she was completely right to feel so comfortable, since your feelings are unchanged.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sure it took a lot for her to tell you. She probably thought you would look at her completely different even if it was something involved with her past. Opening up to someone isn't always easy but it's clear you've made her feel comfortable enough to do so. To answer your question, no it isn't weird. If you love someone, you'll learn to look past whatever fault they may have. & good for your girlfriend for getting her life together. That's always a huge step for a lot of people. Good luck to you both.

• Nooo. It just means you accept and love her for her and who she is, not what she's done. You're definitely not wrong for that.

• Its the past. Unless you have an issue with it?

• No because that was in her past. And you love the person she is NOW.

• Ya her going to jail has nothing to. do with the love u have for her as a person

What Guys Said 6

• That is weird.

• What matters is that I'm with this woman. She has changed.

• Of course!

• Depends. What did she go to jail for?

• Not at all.

• this should not be a deal breaker

• No because people will improve from time to time. She had bravely confessed to you that mean she had learned the lessons and she was honest with you. If you love her, you would know it by your heart even she went to the jail.

• Not at all, as long as it wasn't something crazy she done. The past is the past. If u both love each other jus leave it out