Is it worth pursuing a girl who is still griveing her ex?

I've been talking to this girl I really like for a while now. Her best friend (Who I'm good friends with) told me that her boyfriend had passed away from cancer almost 4 years ago. She still talks about him a lot apparently and cries when she talks about him, even mentioned that she wanted kids with the guy (she told her friend this, not me). I'm not sure what to do, she's interested in me but is still in love with her ex.

I've kinda given up trying to talk with her, I don't text her anymore and she's the one who initiates the conversations now. I just feel like it's a lost cause and I'm wasting time. I don't expect her to forget about him. I don't want to sound selfish and rude by saying these things.. She tells me that she likes talking too me but it doesn't feel like it.. Should I start texting her again and continue trying to be with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be distant its gonna take time for her to get over they dont drop it instantly brotha, keep talking to her she's at the point where she's leaning on you just be cool with it, in time shell see you in that light never give up!

• Hope so.

• I experienced this brother and it turned out that we dated for a few months but i dropped her cause I was going away to college and I wanted to meet someone completely new... you can def this remember talk in a friendly way but also work at you're intentions with her little by little

• Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing now. Thanks for the advice.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you're doing the right thing by putting distance between you two. She needs to be emotionally ready to move on and what it sounds like to me is that she isn't.

• It sucks, but yeah you're right.

• Losing someone is very difficult to get over, and it seemed like she tried but she still doesn't seem to be ready. I don't think it's worth it yet, until she's emotionally capable of investing time in you. Pull back a bit, and see where it goes from there.

• 6 months should be long enough to make sure she's over him

What Guys Said 1

• It isn't worth it, no.

• Yeah, I guess at this point I'm just wasting time