Are people more attracted to people who look like themselves or who look very different?

Gender differences aside: do pretty blond (e) s or tall athletic types tend to get together... or do opposites attract?

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• People start to look like each other if they are around each other for a long time.
    Google the scientific reason why. I can't remember.

I don't think we're attracted to similar people. Since men and women have evolved to have dramatic differences, (given you dont believe in creation).

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I'm attracted to all sorts of type of girls, doesn't matter on sense of fashion, culture differences, or choice in career and education background

I know what I want when I see it, and if gets my attention. I wouldn't mind chasing what I like seeing

0|0
    0|0
  • The equals attract in my opinion, not the opposites. So, I think that people attract, or at least live better, with people who are like them, not different.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I have friends that are in relationships with people who are of a different ethnicity... so no. My siblings are dating white people lol and im currently into a guy who is blonde, blue eyed and dutch... where as I'm dark haired, dark eyes and Asian haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me personally I could see people arguing both. I dress in a way that a lot of people dub "alternative", "edgy" and "hipstery" but I like people who dress extremely typically. But on the other hand if I dressed normal or they dressed like me we may look really similar if that makes sense

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm attracted to guys who look different. I have blonde hair and blue eyes with fair skin, but I like guys who have dark hair and tan skin.

0|0
    0|0