Is this how Korean (Asian) people ask each other out?

I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to dating Asians. I have a Korean friend and we been hanging out a lot lately since we need to do projects together. Today, he held my hand and said "I think I really like you. I have put a lot of things in consideration before I told you this, but I really need to confess my love to you. So yeah". And then I said "Oh yeah I see". Then what now? What's this what is he doing? Is he asking me out or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you didn't get the hint. Forget it.

• Usually, guys just say "so can I take you on a date?" or something. This guy, however, didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". What now what does he want from this?

• I still have feelings for my recently broke up ex that's why!

• Fair fair. You still got ex issues..

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, you can't just say yes so I'll say yes again. Yes!

• He didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". What now what does he want from this?

• He had the guts to confess he likes you like that and you said nothing!! Imagine you in his shoes! He's probably upset right now because you didn't say you like him too.

Why isn't it normal for a guy with a bit of courage to do this? Credit to him I say!

• Lel how silly are u 😂
    He's asking u out ofcourse -_-

• He didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". Like what?

And I said "Oh yeah I see", what are we now? What? I'm so confused.

• My answer isn't a straight yes or no. I'm undecided about him what do I do now? I don't want to get his hope up, but I don't want to throw him out of the window either!

• If ur not rdy for a relationship, tell him that u need time to think. When ur rdy, u will tell him.

• Confess my love to you means he is asking you out. Personally I find that line really cheesy but that's how you are supposed to say when you are asking a girl out in Korea.

• It's fairly obvious he wants to date you

• I'm confused I'm like "What is this guy doing?" He didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". Like what?

• For most guys, it takes a lot of courage just to say what he said to you and you not responding pretty much means you shot him down.

He didn't ask you out because he doesn't know if you feel the same way about him.

• This is a new idea for me. Normally, guys just come to me and ask what they want instead of beating around the bush waiting for an answer when no question is asked.

What Girls Said 7

• Are you freaking kidding me? He confessed that he likes you in a direct way and you're still uncertain?
    I... give up.

• Usually, guys just say "so can I take you on a date?" or something. This guy, however, didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". That's my point! I don't get what does he want from this? What should have I answer?

• "What does he want from this"
      You. He wants you.
      You should have told him whether you feel the same way or not.

• Lmao!! I'm sorry. I'm really so sorry. But if this isn't even him "hinting", it was so blatantly obvious. He LITERALLY DECLARED HIS FEELINGS. If this isn't obvious, oh wow honey bunny. I don't know what to say! :o
    So I'll laugh instead! Lmao wtf XD

• It isn't a straight yes or no. I'm undecided about him. I don't want to get his hope up, but I don't want to throw him out of the window either. I just broke up with my ex who I'm still in love with... I do like this guy under so, e circumstances but other than that I haven't move on from my ex yet...

• DON'T DRAG HIM ALONG.
      You either like him, or you don't. Don't use him as a rebound. Don't date him to try to "forget" your ex. Don't date him unless you're 100% certain. But also don't drag the poor fellow along, dangling false hopes of a relationship. It's cruel.
      Try to make up your mind and let him know if you either want to be with him or not. He obviously wants to be with you.

• Well... I wouldn't exactly say that was "asking out"... what I think is that he probably wants to get a step closer to you, in a way... As you can see :p I think you should tell him how you feel, friend zone, a confession back... what you think about him c: Just remember to be honest or you can get into HUGE trouble :E
    (By the way... I think that's just his personality ;3) Also, I think you should think deeply into what you're going to say before you say it, since he thought before he said it :3 think about HOW you're going to tell him!

• No it is not the way Koreans ask each other out lol not every Korean ask other out in the same way 🙊 i think he really likes you lol he probably confessed to you because he wants to know how you feel about him as well if you told him you like him as well then he might ask you out for movie or something :)

• He's asking you out. But you said I see. He's probably at home reconsidering what he just said to you.

• Usually, guys just say "so can I take you on a date?" or something. This guy, however, didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". What now what does he want from this? I don't know what he wants so I just said I see...

• Da heck..
    Just because it's a certain race it doesn't mean any different to others..
    If he says he likes you.. It means he likes you.
    He is probably home regretting everything and maybe a bit depressed..

• Usually, guys just say "so can I take you on a date?" or something. This guy, however, didn't ask me out or ask me on a date or ask me to be his gf or anything. He just "confess his love". That's my point! I don't get what does he want from this?

• So what should I do now? He didn't say "will you go out with me?" so I didn't have a chance to say yes or no :/

• Well since it's a confession..
      I suggest to tell him how you feel..
      Properly accept or reject his feelings.
      If you don't he'll really feel umm well unsure and depressed...

• You will first have to go through the 썸타 stage. That's the stage where you will feel most confused.