Why are single women an endangered species? Or is this true at all?

Ok, lets set aside the fact that a lot of women claim to be in relationships even when they aren't, if they're approached by men whom they aren't attracted to.

So why does there seem to be FAR less single women than single men? Is it because of the fact that it is much easier for women to get boyfriends, than men to get girlfriends (because men are always supposed to make the first move, and women usually have other men waiting in a queue to lap them up after they break up with one)? Or else, is this because a small handful of highly desirable men are dating multiple women simultaneously (thereby making those women unavailable to single men)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well im single bt I am talking to this guy to see where it goes. I can't speak for every woman bt where im from its hard to find a guy who has same interests or morals as me. and I personally Don't want to waste his or my time im 24 waiting for marriage im not dating a string of men and never have bt usually if a woman says she is dating some one and isn't she is trying to let the guy down easy it can be for a number of reasons. I think majority are looking for a certain guy some may have found him while some settle just depends on woman. bt men also have to understand that just like men aren't perfect women aren't either maybe it's the type of woman u are going for. hope this helps :)

• Yeah it does! It gives a ray of hope for single men like me, to know that single women still exist! Not that I'm going for any particular type of women. I have had my fair share of failed relationships, and I have been single by choice for almost 5 years now as I was focusing on my education and career. I think I want to get back into the dating scene now, but it was highly discouraging to realize that most, if not all women who I have access to are already taken or married.

• :) lol yep there are quite a lot where i live bt hmm well it sounds like maybe its the location I understand when I was in college pretty much everybody was dating someone and now are engaged or married. maybe u should try looking at places of interest if u are looking :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's true. The problem is that by the time you get out of college, if you haven't met a girl, it's usually too late because by then, all the good girls are already taken.

• My thoughts exactly. So these men should either remain single, or 'settle' for women with whom they find no chemistry or connection.

• Last time I settled, I was miserable. So I remain single..

What Girls Said 5

• I see the opposite. A whole bunch of dudes going for the same small pool of chicks. I'm single, most of my friends are single too. Don't feel like an endangered species.

• Your answer is somewhat encouraging to all the single men out there!

• @harakiri is one of a kind. She stands firm to her beliefs and I respect that.

• I see it as the opposite. There is 1 guy for every 3 women. I'm trying to figure out where the men are hiding. I wanna be a statistic of the one women that snag a man.

• Hell no. I'm single right now, I will remain single for a while. Ain't nobody got time fo' that. I let people know that, too.

• The ratio of men to women is generally 1:1.
    For every taken woman there is a taken man unless she is homosexual (which is relatively rare.)
    Therefore it is impossible for there to be a ton of taken women and few taken men

• I did include a sentence in my question to answer this. It appears like a small handful of highly desirable men are dating multiple women at once, which means these women become inaccessible to single men. Not saying these men are 'right' in dating multiple women, but just trying to analyze the situation.

• @bDizzle believe what you want buddy

• You're right, but these men hardly get the women they are interested in (not referring to looks here, in general), so they usually 'settle' for women they may not have a connection with, just due to the fear of being 'forever alone'. And its highly unlikely for a relationship to last too long id there is no real chemistry or connection involved.

On the other hand, most women would never need to settle, because whatever their expectations might be, there would be men fitting into that.

• I'm sorry, what? False.

• Did you even read the description, or simply answered after reading the question title?

• I did, I read it, and after reading the paragraph I'm answering the title question. I think you're false in your assumption. All of the guys I know are in relationships. There is literally nobody of the male gender who I interact with who is single.

What Guys Said 2

• Does not compute. Divide by zero error. System shutting down.

• This is amusing, but if only computer logic could be applied to humans!

• no... i set up a park that's fenced off and protected from poachers, and they're not endangered anymore...

• Hehe! And perhaps you, as the owner of that park, have access to all these single women and other single men are denied access!

• no, my reserve is for any single man to get a single woman...

just have to apply for a permit for a safari, that's all..