Have you ever declined to date a friend because you were afraid of ruining your friendship?

Does this happen? Have you ever been afraid that you would have to cut them out of your life if you dated and then broke up?

Most Helpful Guy

• nope. one of the dumbest reasons ever. You should date your enemies.

"Oh we are friends so i can't date you because it might ruin our friendship. Now we both know that one day you will meet someone and i will meet someone and our friendship will grow dim anyway, but you aren't worth trying to see if you are that ONE because we are just friends."

Sorry to be snarky, but i have always rolled my eyes at this one.

What Guys Said 4

• Of course not! That's the worst reason I could think of. Relationships are more important than friendships so why would I not be looking for one? @Johnscofield787 said it best.

• Oh yea happened to me once. My first real girl friend was apart of a big group of friends , had to split friends for awhile too after we broke up. that was 2010 she now has a 8mo baby with another friend of the group , she's very happy. I'm very affectionate towards a close friend of 5 years , I love her very much but if we ever dated she knows we could never be as close. She's mentioned it to me w/o me even asking.

• I'm curious, if, for some reason, you knew she actually wanted to date you, would you still not date her?

• Odds are if you decline the friendship is over anyways, That's a stupid reason to say no in my eyes.

• Yes, I agree, I just wonder if younger people fail to realize this. It seems like the college age crowd really thinks that life will always be like school with a giant pool of attractive single people to be "friends" with.

• I have declined dating a friend once, but for a different reason. She wanted to explore several options, and I wanted to be exclusive. So I had no option but to decline. And we never spoke to each other after that day.

What Girls Said 0