Guys, would it bother you if the girl you liked is a vegetarian?

I know most men are huge meat eaters and could never live without it. I recently became a vegetarian last summer and I was wondering if it was a turn off for men. I never really used to eat meat anyway as I wasn't a huge fan of it, only ever used to eat chicken but I turned vegetarian because I just can't stand the thought of eating another living thing to satisfy my own needs and the pleasures of my diet. I'm a really big animal lover and study environmental science at university. Guys, if your really into meat, how would you feel if the girl you liked turned out to be a vegetarian? Would it put you off her or do you not care?

Also I'm not the type of person who would put down other people who eat meat. I respect everyone's life choices so it would never bother me if your a vegetarian or not. My whole family are meat eaters and so are most of my friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't bother me, but I'm one myself. Would you be bothered if a guy you liked was vegan? It wouldn't have bothered me before I was either, though I was thinking about vegetarianism then. I guess guys who are heavy meat eaters and don't recognise animal welfare as something worth considering being vegetarian might turn them off - but would you want to be with that type of person? Personally I'd rather be with someone who felt the same way as me.

What Guys Said 7

• I would in fact like a vegetarian girl more, if I have veg and meat in option I prefer taking veg but if there is only meat in Option and it's well cooked I won't hesitate to take up bite. Just because I do not want to be a hungry stomach.

• Does it bother her that I eat meat? No? Then we're good.

• I care. I'd hate that bitch.

• No it wouldn't bother me and I'd be more than willing to become a vegetarian too.

• I once had a crush on a vegetarian girl, and I don't think I ever had anything against her lifestyle choices.

However, if you force vegetarianism (or anything as a matter of fact) down someone's throat, expect to be hated.

• I love non-veg food.
    I have a girlfriend who is vegetarian. And it isn't a prob for Me. But She doesn't love it so I'm going to turn a vegetarian after we get married.
    P. S I'm an Indian. My girlfriend is a Brahmin.

• I was a heck of a meat eater but my girl is a vegetarian... so it doesn't matter to me and for her I stopped eating meat a lot...

What Girls Said 3

• My fiance and I eat pretty much vegan these days. I eat mostly vegetarian and he is lactose intolerant, so we work around that.

No issues. There are lot of delicious recipes you can still make

• I don't it's a bad thing and also why should a guy be bothered if he already likes you.

• thumbs up for being vegetarian
    i admire people who are vegetarian because it really required perservance to continue in this practice :)