Why do women Generally like confident guys and not shy guys?

Just looking for some meaty/simple answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's just something so appealing about a guy who's sure of himself. Not cocky and arrogant, but knows who he is and carries himself in such a way that it shows. That being said, I personally don't have anything against shy guys. I also think that being confident and shy aren't always on 2 different ends of the spectrum.

A lot of people associate being confident with being loud, outspoken, the life of the party and such. But that's not always the case. You can confident without being obnoxious about it. I find a guy that's kind of quiet and reserved to be sexy as well and sometimes those guys come off as shy, but again, not always the case.

What Girls Said 8

• It's not that we do its that the confident ones are the ones who approach us. shy guys look like they dont like us so we avoid/dont go for them.

• This! I actually like a shy guy now. Its difficult but I have some contacts who know him and know he's shy... so at least I do know that its not him not interested.

• First it's important to make a distinction between confidence and being cocky. Being cocky isn't going to get you anywhere in life. But confidence shows a girl that you have a good, balanced sense of self worth. You see yourself as capable and deserving of the respect of others. While it's entirely possible to be confident but just quiet or introverted, it's not the same as being shy. When a person is shy it shows that you don't have a sense of your own worth. And if you don't value yourself, it's hard for others to value you.

• Because they don't have to worry about having to approach them- confident guys usually approach girls not vise versa while the girl usually has to make the first move with a shy guy, which can be difficult if she's shy too. Also shy guys seem to have a lack of confidence, and confidence is hot because you're showing everyone you enjoy being in your skin.

• So the main reason girls like confident guys is because the girls are scared to approach guys?

• Yes. Also cause society made them believe it's only acceptable if a guy asks out a girl and not vice versa.

• Because shy guys are more effort and need constantly to find their feelings fir you while the confidence one just boldly say it

• Guys who are confident just carry themselves the right way and I find them more approachable so I feel comfortable and confident to talk with them. I don't have anything against shy guys it's just I'm not shy I'm confident and bubbly and so is my family and I would just feel they wouldn't be able to cope with me

• Confidence is attractive. I personally dont like confident guys much cause they usually abuse of it and are dicks. I trust shy guys more than confident ones and i also like the the most.

• That's a bit of a generalisation. I think shyness is fine to a level unless it becomes insecurity.

Confidence is generally an attractive trait to everyone because it makes communication a lot easier. But I think guys these days abuse it and become arrogant so it's always going to be shy guys for me <3

• Just saying... I personally don't. To me (usually) the guys that are confident, tend to be cocky and assholes. That's one thing that I really hate about a guy too, if you're cocky and full of yourself, I don't want anything to do with you. But some girls may like that and feel like, this generation a lot of girls go for the guys that are assholes and are full of themselves... They leave the good ones hanging. Then once they're heat gets broken, they realize what they've missed out on and it'll be too late.

What Guys Said 1