Affectionate or try hard? (calling me cute names)?

So I met this guy on tinder and this week we're going on a date. He's super nice and always calls me beautiful, lovey, lovely and says he'll do whatever he can to make me comfortable. I'm not used to this so I'm not sure if he's trying really hard to get laid or if he's actually a good guy.

We've never met in person and only text.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's both! I'm guilty of doing that and its for both reasons!

What Guys Said 2

• There are no good guys on tinder. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Don't get it twisted, it's a booty call app designed by and for guys who are looking to get laid.

• It could be either. I compliment people a lot naturally and try to make them comfortable and happy all the time just because I know how it feels to be the opposite. He knows you only through online so he shouldn't expect to get laid.

What Girls Said 1

• I like affection but it's difficult to know. Some guys call you babe to sweet talk you into getting laid, other's call you babe because they are naturally affectionate. To be fair to him, saying he'll do whatever he can to make you comfortable is a good sign (God knows, not all guys are like that). Only way to really figure it out is if he's willing to wait and continues to be affectionate until you're happy to get closer. Never done the tinder thing though so not sure if that has any bearing. Hope he's one of the good ones :-)