Do you think there is ever such a thing as not ready for a relationship?

Personally I think this is a line people feed you when they really want to say that they don't like you enough to want a relationship with you. I suppose that the only exception would be for someone who broke up very recently but at the same time if it was really meant to be your paths would end up crossing again in the future. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there is such a thing. But more often than not it's a way of politely declining.

What Guys Said 2

• There is, I've been there. Girl likes me, kinda like her as a girl to make out with once in awhile. Told her this over and over and still wants relationship. I got out of a very bad break up with my ex a couple months back so i was just kinda off from relationship and girls (not gay just i didn't date anyone for awhile, let emotions come back to my head). I just told her i was not ready for a relationship. She made a big deal outta it and said i lead her on. Wasn't the case she did that to her self.

Don't blame a guy for say this or feeling like this. Thats a good way to end any relationship/friendship you had with him

• You have to find yourself before you find someone else

What Girls Said 1

• I think it can be a way of politely declining but it can be genuine too. I have said it myself to guys in the past and truly meant it. If Ryan Gosling had swept me off my feet I'd have told him to put me back down. I had stuff going on and just wasn't ready for a relationship. For a relationship to work it has to be the right person and the right time for both of you. I've been on the receiving end of it too. Either way though I would just take them at their word. You'll drive yourself up the wall guessing and wondering otherwise. Like you say if it's meant to be it'll happen but you can wait around for them. That's not fair on you (God I have made this mistake) I just believe what's for you, won't pass you. Live your life, if you're meant to be with them, they will come back to you.