Does it mean a guy is no longer interested if he hasn't texted you in 5 days?

Does it mean a guy is no longer interested if he hasn't texted you in 5 days? The guy I've been talking to is on vacation, but he's all over social media yet he hasn't sent me a text.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. It depends if he's a big texter and does use social media a lot though.. then i'd be worried. The guy i like isn't a big social media user and he doesn't text much, so im used to him not texting me since we're still in that getting to know each other phase and we're both incredibly shy. I would text my guy a few times, we'd talk and it would seem fine.. then he stopped replying. Then i just ended up not texting him anymore because of that, and I don't know maybe he woke up or something and he has texted me a few times since ;p but maybe jsut send him a text?

• Well my phone broke and we were talking on Facebook, then before he left town he said sorry for not replying, and I told him he can just text me because I got a new phone. (I no longer have his number because I got a new phone) and he said he would text me when he gets to california, but he still hasn't texted me, only snapchat. So I'm waiting for him to, cause I told him to text me. It might seem needy if I text him, ya know?

• Well, that's a bit annoying. I guess I'd just leave it for now. You tried, and if he's wanting to be a little baby about it then so be it :P Hopefully, he'll text you or you can just fb message him later.

• haha right? Guys are weird. Good luck with your guy!

What Guys Said 2

• Not always, but I'd consider it a bad sign if he's using social media and didn't communicate with you yet.

• Possibly not. Unless you're both in a committed relationship or has expressed serious feelings for each other, I think he's just enjoying his holiday right now. He might still be interested in you!

• I'll just assume he's not. Just like I expected

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly I think a lot of it depends on where you're at with him too. If you guys are just getting to know each other and don't really have an obligation to text, then it wouldn't mean he had lost interest if he wasn't texting. But if he was texting you all day, every day before break and went on vacation somewhere where he could easily text you, that would mean something different.

• The second one is more accurate.

• Eh, I wouldn't lose all hope yet. Like someone else said, people like to just enjoy vacations and take breaks from people sometimes, so it might just be because you two aren't actually around each other that he's not texting. Wait and see what he does after break and reassess.

• True. I'm worried that he won't hit me up when he's back, but I guess I'll find out..

• I wouldn't panic just yet, I know that a lot of guys don't like texting, especially when they're doing something else!

• If he's on vacation, he might be getting free wifi at the hotel, but doesn't want to use international phone charges. Send him a fb message or something. Don't freak out just yet. Plus, making a generally fb update is faster than having conversations with people, he may just be really busy?

• Yeah, these are pretty much my thoughts exactly.

If you knew he'd been doing nothing for 5 consecutive days without texting you, then you'd have a problem.

For now though, just relaaaxxxxx :)

• I'm not a frequent snapchat user, but stories is when you send it to everyone, right? Like the equivalent of a fb status update?

• Yeah it's like that