Should I put up with the pain of losing him or try and put things right? Has he stopped loving me?

I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and it's been complicated but we've made it through and overall we've been happy however, He's always had a bit of a commitment issue and he first got to me when we had been dating for four months and he cancelled on me me three times in a week, one time because he was meeting up with his friends and cancelled on me last minute. We talked it over and he was really understanding and very apologetic and so I wasn't as bothered and forgave him. The same sort of thing has happened about five times since. We can have a really amazing time when he bothers to to come see me but most of the time he doesn't and it really hurts. Just recently we decided to take a one week break because some stuff had happened and he needed to be with his family, I was understanding of this and let him take a week away with no contact what so ever. A week later we were so happy to see each other but then he did it again. He made rare contact with me over about two weeks including Christmas and new year, taking about a whole day to answer any text and sometimes not messaging me for three or four days. I messaged him on new years eve asking to meet up a few days later and he told me he was probably free and then didn't get in touch so I asked if he was free still and he said no.
My mate was talking to me ( he's a guy ) and he said that my boyfriend was meeting up with him on the day he told me he was busy. I asked when he organised it and he told me the day before.
He's really hurt me and I just don't know what to do, sorry this is so long and may seem pathetic but I'm really confused. I love him I really really do but I don't know if it's worth the mental pain anymore and I still feel like I might have a chance to show him how much he's hurting me but by his actions, I get the feeling he doesn't love me and if that's true then would he even care if he was hurting me. is there anything I can do to make this relationship better without breaking up?

Most Helpful Guy

• It pisses me off to see this happen in relationships. I understand you both need your own time with friends, but if he keeps pushing you away like this leave him. I would never ever let my friends come between my gf and I. He needs to realize what he wants, if he can't leave him. Then he will finally realize it then he will come crawling back most likely. Thats how it always works, and I've seen it happen lol.

What Guys Said 2

• People do what they want to do. He is doing what he wants to do, and it doesn't include you. I would move on. If he wanted you, he would figure out how to make things happen with you. I am sorry...

• This crap is junk. Abandon it.

What Girls Said 1

• Go and live your life. Hang with friends, have fun. Don't be available whenever he feels he can squeeze you into his schedule. A few weeks of you pushing HIM to the back burner should bring him back. If not, maybe time to move on. You deserve someone who treats you as a priority, not an obligation.