Is expecting your significant other to be decent looking and have similar interests asking to much?

For example I have been told I am a 7,8 by a few girls so I am not horrendous looking by any means. I really enjoy music, travelling and working out at the gym. I don't have any other real interests other than helping other people, my whole life I have been hoping to finding someone I "click" with but it has just never happened. Do you have to settle or is what I am expecting reasonable or not?

Just to clarify I have only really felt this way since like October of 2014 so it's a rather new feeling/ craving for me. I went the rest of my life and never really cared until then, I guess seeing everyone else getting married and dating and talking about sex all the time has got to me I guess.
Only thing that hold me back is that I am shy and sometimes awkward during that first conversation. Secondly I don't tend to see many people more than once so this puts a damper on getting to know them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it isn't too much to ask for.. but i mean it depends on what you mean by "clicking" with someone right away.. that could be holding you back. I'd say just try to go with the flow, talk to more people, and just get to know them more. You may not like someone initially, but as you talk more and more with them, they may grow on you. I mean that's what happened with a friend of mine. Also, the more you look and think about it, the more (lack of a better word) desperate you'll feel. So if you just chill about it, and go about your life, you'll maybe just bump into someone unexpectedly!

• @faruine thanks for the advice there pretty lady. You have a good point

What Girls Said 4

• Is expecting your significant other to be decent looking and have similar interests asking to much?
    In my opinion that depends on whether your decent-looking and your interests are popular. If you're not decent-looking then I find it's asking too much unless you're a guy as it seems males get a lot of leeway on being judged for their looks. If your interests are obscure then I find it's asking too much as that limits your pool of potentials.

Do you have to settle or is what I am expecting reasonable or not?
    A person doesn't have to settle they can choose to. In my opinion what your expecting is likely reasonable however whether it's attainable depends on how desirable you are.

• @udolipixie if I wasn't a shy loner I probably wouldn't have a problem lol I've become more independent using my alone time to be confident and try things on my own but approaching people is not my strong suit especially if they are in a group and I'm all by my lonesome lol

• That's not to much to ask and from what it sounds like you arnt just after sex you actually want someone who actually means something to you. And if that's who your looking for then having the same interests is a good thing as well as being decent looking

• I don't think having a preference like that is too much, but it's possible you could "click" with someone who doesn't match it. Don't settle, but don't throw away a chance for love just because they fall short, either.

• No you shouldn't settle. Finding the right mate is like looking for a needle in a hey stack. That's why when you find the right one you cherish them and don't let go.

What Guys Said 2

• I would say it's fair to expect your partner to be good looking enough that you don't have to bag their head and to share interests and to enjoy their company. And if other people say you are a 7-8 you should have a decent to attractive partner.

• lol, unless you wanna get laid anytime soon then keep waiting.