Do you always have to escort the girl you are dating back home?

So if you go on a date with a girl, do you always have to escort her back home even if she lives really far away?

Some girls said not to escort her home and I still went on dates with them. Other girls were fine with this.

But some really got upset if you did not have enough time to escort them.

So is it always that bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why it matters... it's a sweet gesture and gives you some more time together. I don't see why a girl would dislike that unless there's someone at or near her place that she's trying to hide something from. And getting really upset over not being able to be escorted home is honestly kinda dumb.

• Well, I had a train to get back home. It was a bit late at night. But she lived near the main street with lights and many other people around.

• Yes it was. It was my fault partly because I did not say to her that I had a train to catch. But still getting upset like this it might mean that she did not like me.

• Ehh that's just odd. And rude, if you ask me. Don't take it as your fault. I mean it's understandable that she'd be ticked but actually getting upset is a bit too far

What Girls Said 6

• I don't expect someone to necessarily escort me home. But I expect the he'll leave the bar with me even if we are with friends and he 'll wait until I get inside a bus or a taxi. Am I asking too much?

• its a really nice gesture

• Some are old-fashioned & want to be escorted home & that's fine. But there's some women, if they just met you, don't want to be escorted home because they don't trust you enough to let you know where they live.

• No.. Unless she doesn't have a ride or unless you two are in a really sketchy ally with wierdos.., then you shouldn't leave her alone there

• I don't think so, but do what feels comfortable for you.

• if you go an a date and its late and dark, you should never let a girl walk home alone... if she says you don't have to you should still insist, she probably just said it to be nice anyway

What Guys Said 7

• It's the gentlemanly thing to do, and I would. I want to make sure she gets home safe, and I'll do what I can to assure that.

• It really depends... some lived a long way away, or had a car, or didn't want me to.

The last girl I was seeing lived right in the city so I'd pick her up from her place and walk her home afterwards too.

• I usually do, it just feels right for me to do so.

• The idea is that you enjoyed them enough to actually make sure they made it home safely.

• At night if she lives close... Yes escort her home to make sure she is safe.

• She lived half the city away. I walked her home for like 40 minutes. When she almost reached her home I left her.

• If u went that far already u should've finished the voyage back to her place... she might have rewarded you! ;-)

• Nah, she lives with her parents, if she wanted she should have come at my home.

• Haha, wow, that question feels so 19th century.

Are you in a rural area or a city?

• No, in a city with lights on the street and people on the sidewalks.

• They should have to escort you home.