Is it dumb that I want to cancel a date because I have a cold sore on my lip?

I have a first date with a guy I've been talking to. But now I got a really nasty cold sore on my lip and an ugly pimple on my nose. I know it sounds silly but I feel I wouldn't make a good first impression. Plus what if tries to kiss me

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely cancel. First, a over half the population has the virus that causes the cold sore, jut not everyone gets it. Secondly, you feel insecure with it and the pimple on your nose. If he really likes you, he can wait a week. Just tell him you have a cold and don't want to spread it. If he doesn't understand or gets upset, wasn't meant to be.

Get some rest and take care.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes it is dumb.

• Just know, if you keep canceling dates he will think you're not interested

• Herpes isn't generally an attractive feature, so you were right to cancel.

• Let him kmwo you dont feel well but you really want to go out next week or whatever.

• It wouldn't matter to me. Cold sores don't last for ever.

What Girls Said 5

• I dont think its silly or dumb. There are times when being self conscious is totally necessary. If u dont feel comfortable going then I agree with u about canceling. U can always go out at a better time. If u still go, you're probably gona be super uncomfortable & it's gonna show.

• Yeah, I would feel the same way. Why don't you use the excuse that you just came down with a cold and you old rather reschedule for next weekend? It would give your face time to recover.
    Regardless I hope your date goes well!

• nope, it'd probably be best to cancel so when you guys do have your first date, you'll look even better

• Not at all.

• Yeah go out and have fun