My gf loves month to month annivesaries and expects me to take her out. is it ok?

My gf likes to go out every month on the 6th cause our annivesary is July 6. but she's loves go out on every 6th and expecte me to pay and take her out. she never offered to pay or take me out cause she feels like its a "guys" job. do month to month anniversaries matter? Or just the annual anniversary?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definition of anniversary: An anniversary is a day that commemorates or celebrates a past event that occurred on the same date of the year as the initial event. For example, the first event is the initial occurrence or, if planned, the inaugural of the event. One year later would be the first anniversary of that event... a monthiversary thing is just what kids do in school how old is she tell her to grow up or pay up (not that harsh though) or make an excuse like you dont have money that month

What Girls Said 4

• I feel like in the first year each month s a huge deal. I always make it a point to go out with my boyfriend on the 20th because our anniversary is April 20th. I have never offered to pay but he also likes to pay when we go out and I pay from time to time. We are at 8 months and its not as big of a deal as it was at first.

• No. That's bullshit. Anniversaries are every year. By fucking definition.
    Tell her to get a hobby and stop making up shit.

• Just a little high maintenance? I think the whole month to month thing is lame. I feel sorry for you, you shouldn't have to take her out; that's bullshit.

• There is such things as monthly anniversary.

"Anniversary" comes from the Latin adjective "anniversarius" which means “returning yearly.
    It's formed from the words "vertere" (“to turn”), and "annus" (“year”).

What Guys Said 5

• Going out EVERY month anniversary is a bit much, but maybe she's just excited to be in a relationship with you and is acting overzealous.

But the "guy's job" thing comment is concerning. She is making herself sound like "pump & dump" material instead of "girlfriend" material.

• No, it's not okay to expect that and expect you to pay for it every single time. It's very convenient to say that it's a guys job to pay for stuff. It's like saying the womans place is in the kitchen. Some might agree with that, but I don't.

• To her, it may be important. But this is a situation where you need to man up, and tell that you think it's unnecessary. Honestly, mothly anniversaries are just retarded.

• A little much to go out every 6th when you're already going out on regular dates.

But if you got the money to keep up with it, then you do you.

But there may come a time when you're a little low and she'll have to pitch in.

• Sadly there are no rules on the matter.