How should I tell my boyfriend that I don't like him smoking weed?

A few weeks ago my boyfriend asked me if I cared that he smoked weed for the first time ever. I couldnt really say anything to him about it you know it's not my place all I said was "just don't get addicted" he said "I'm just going to try it". I didn't say anything else, the next time I saw him he told me that he tried it but didn't get high so I wouldn't worry about him smoking. Well we went back to school the next day and he told all of his friends about how high he got. I mean that really pissed me off cause he lied about it. But tonight he said that his sisters boyfriend wants him to stay the night so they could smoke weed. It bothers me I don't want to be a controlling girlfriend but i just don't like him smoking weed. If i tell him I don't want him to get mad at me about it. Can someone help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean it isn't your place? He is your boyfriend. I expect my gf to have my back. That means that she tells me when i am being an idiot.

Anyway now you are here... Just telling him it is you or the weed. Yes he might get mad, but is that what you want to be around?

What Guys Said 4

• Well, I ran into this twice. Once, a friend of mine gave me a jay for my birthday. I was living with female roommate with whom I'd have this tor-rid affair for 3 weeks, but she didn't like smoking weed because of the negative impact it had on people in her lives. She took my jay and flushed it down the toilet before I could rescue it. I was a little pissed but I know she cared. I wasn't a chronic weed smoker - it was rare in fact because I went to an upstate NY nerd school, so we were rather dry. Still, "for old time's sake" I wanted to get ripped. Again, I understood and forgave the woman. Besides, she once made banana bread and I was baked and I thought it was the greatest thing in the universe and almost ate the whole thing.

A few months later (in my rebound relationship) I was involved with a woman - not very attractive and very uptight being from Texas - who said that I would have to stop doing that when things got serious. It was apparent to me that I was just going to be her personal sperm bank and wallet for giving her her babies and wood-paneled station wagon. Anyway, I was 26 and not ready to give up living. When she said about sex "you want it too much" (and we were a long distance relationship), that was when I realized I was on the path to a living death from which a bullet to the head would be my release. So, I hit the eject button and never looked back.

My point with those anecdotes is that my GF not wanting me to smoke weed was not a deal-breaker for me. I understood and didn't disagree that, in the long-term, I wasn't going to smoke weed.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to settle. You don't marry a man hoping to change him; you marry the man that you have. If you don't want a husband who'll smoke weed, then he needs to know that. How he addresses it and how you respond will determine your destiny, but don't settle. You aren't being controlling if smoking weed is a deal-breaker for you.

• "I do not like you doing drugs. I am sorry."

• If you don't like it tell him! You need to state or feeling to him. You may say "Hey ____ I really don't like you smoking weed! I was wondering if you would postpone or smoking for me?" If he says no, then say "It's weed or me!" His choice.

• what i did with my gf was made a deal that where we both gave up something the other didn't like

What Girls Said 0