Why does my boyfriend always ask me what I want in the future?

such as marriage
amount of kids, I said two and he said the same thing.
what they'll look like
where we will travel to
he calls me, mrs. insert his last name

things like that

Most Helpful Girl

• You should be flattered. He thinks you're special enough to spend the rest of his life with. That doesn't happen every day anymore.

What Guys Said 3

• He's rather conservative, but also it is smart to ask these questions once the relationship has settled a bit because you want to know about irreconcilable differences now BEFORE marriage than using them as causes for divorce later.

I would challenge him on the last name thing and find out more about that. A guy who is inflexible on that is a guy who may be uptight about other equally meaningless stuff. I want to be clear - it's not that you will or will not change your last name, but you want to know why he assumed you'd take his last name.

When I got married, I told her she could have whatever last name she wanted; I didn't give a rat's ass. However, she did take mine because she wanted to as that made her feel more connected to me.

• probably getting caught up in the moment and wanting to plan out a future or imagine one with you

• Either he wants to be sure you still want the same thing or he has short/long term amnesia.

What Girls Said 2

• He's hoping he's in those plans

• He Wants to know where u stand with him