Changing Facebook status is it a big deal?

So my boyfriend and I have been together about a year and a half. I'm the mushy type and he isn't. He refuses to change his Facebook status to in a relationship. Now granted it doesn't say single but he won't have it say in a relationship. I'm the type that like that "label" and he says he doesn't want everyone knowing his business. He doesn't post pics of us or anything. I posted a pic and tagged him in it and he removed the tag saying he doesn't want shitty pics of himself put up. I feel like this secret person or something that no one can know about. Am I just making a big deal out of nothing?

Most Helpful Guy

• you are too srs about internet

What Guys Said 1

• Is it just Facebook, or does he shy away from labelling the relationship irl as well? He might just have a slight fear of commitment or superstition about calling your relationship what it is...

• It's just Facebook

• I have already met part of his family so they all know about me.

• Well I'm out of ideas then sorry.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't read too much into this. He's more private on the internet, maybe that's rather wise