Guys... Does this relationship have a future?

Okay im new here. Long story short, my bf and I will have been together for 5 years in march, he's 19 im 20. Yes, we are young. He has told me many times he loves me because im different than the girls he's met before. We talk about moving in together, having kids, getting married and so on. When we fight he makes the effort in showing me he cares through his actions not just words. He's the type that if I don't answer a call or text, he doesn't care how late it is.. he'll come walking to my house. We both were each others first. He says that he's not looking for anyone else that "he's done". He tells his grandma that if he has kids, he wants it to be with me, that i need to help him start his life with me in it. We both work, go to school. We both want to finish school before we progress any further. When a friend/family member of his has gotten engaged he tells me about it and how it went, he makes side comments. He has met my whole family and Iv met his too. The odd part is just yesterday he said that he doesn't want to get married yet because he has a lot to do... What does this mean? What should I do? Do i leave him, believe him? I don't want him to get used to me if thats the case. And i told him im not moving in with any guy until im married
THANKS :)

Most Helpful Guy

• He loves you... truly! But marriage is not only about love but also about resposibility! He requires money, good job, education, cz he sees the future not so bright if get married early! I can tell that he knows wht he is doing... and still loves you!

• Thats true. All his friends are either getting engaged or are getting married. His cousin recently got engaged, and every time that happens he makes side comments to me about it. He's the type that has met my family, goes to dinner with them, to weddings and vice versa. I couldn't ask for a better bf

• Thanks for the mh hope i helped!

What Guys Said 3

• WOAH... you list all the things about how wonderful he is, and then because he says he doesn't want to get married right yet, you are willing to throw it out the window?

It seems you are more in love with the idea of being married than you are with him.

Why not talk to him about what he meant and his thoughts, than come ask a group of people that do not know you or him.

• Lol, i love this guy. Im in no rush to get married. The thing that worries me is he has uncles that aren't married who are 35-45 years of age, my concern being is he might take after that... I don't want to wait till im that old! He is an amazing guy :)

• Then ask him. It doesn't sound like he is like his uncles. Have a conversation with him and just say - I can wait, but how long as we talking? Until we get through education and are more financially ready - which i hope is 3 to 5 years at the most? Or when you are mid-30s which is a no-go for me.

• You must be desperate for answers considering you just signed up just to ask this blog and marriage question.

I won't judge so I will say considering the age he could be at the process of thinking if he is ready to commit to marriage. I see people get married early and doesn't turn out well.

Has nothing to do with you meaning there isn't anything wrong with you its just people need to spread their wings and live life. He needs time to think about this the only thing you can do is be patient and continue to be that girl he likes/loves.

• Not to worry, I've actually been having my eye on GAG, just never considered having one because I haven't had time to make one, but now that I do, why not. Thanks, like i said I want to finish school first (as well as he does)

• Best wishes for the both~

• believe him

What Girls Said 2

• What he said could have meant just about anything! He could want to finish school, secure a good job, or save some money. Good men generally feel a bit concerned about being able to support the woman they love and their future family. (I'm not saying the responsibility is all on them, that's just what many of them have told me). Make sure he knows that he has your support, to include financially, and that it's still and always will be a 'you and him against the world' type of deal. A man who feels loved and supported will worry less and therefore be happier. All of that equals a happier relationship.

• Exactly. Just a month ago, he told me he had plans about moving out, he wants me to move in with him, but if i do... I feel like its going to be that type of " why by the cow when i can get the milk for free" perception. He works 2 jobs and goes to school full time, I have one job and go to school full time as well. Im glad I have an occupied hard working bf!

• I can see why you might worry with his uncles being the way they are. But it sounds like your boyfriend is an outstanding man, and he will probably surprise you.

• Sounds good. My hubby always says I'm unique. This is the holy grail of things guys say when they genuinely love you