Ladies, when you go on a first date with a man and he is paying, do you expect to have an unlimited budget for what you order at the restaurant?

Ladies, when you go on a first date with a man and he is paying, do you expect to have an unlimited budget for what you order at a restaurant?

Personally I don't tell a woman there is a limit but I know if I do before we get there, she may change her mind on going out with me. I just have to hope she doesn't try to order a lot of expensive stuff. I'm not cheap but I'm not rich either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, for first date, I either shared the bill, pay the bill or was always careful about what I ordered.
    I never expected an unlimited budget but that's probably because I'm still a student want I was always careful about money. I guess when you work you get different expectations.
    I went on a date with a guys in his thirties and he had to push me to order "more".

What Girls Said 17

• I don't expect it to be an unlimited budget, but it depends on the place you take your date. I personally order 1 drink and an entree, I try to be polite. You never know what others are dealing with. I leave it up to him if he wants to do appetizers and I always turn down dessert. I am more interested in the conversation and finding out about his personality.

• No I don't expect an unlimited budget.. I don't ever "expect" the guy to pay on the first date but it's definitely a bonus if he does (especially if he asked). I generally try to order something not too expensive, and I never order anything more expensive than what he's ordering

• On a first date id allow him to pay if he offers but i won't ask. If he does offer id order something cheap off the menu or if e we were to see a movie if he pays for the tickets, id offer to pay for snacks. And also if we went to a restaurant and he bought the food, id cover the tip and dessert.

• I also make him tell me what he's getting first than order something slightly less expensive. I also only get water... if he wants to get some wine its up to him.

I let guys pay 90% of the time but I ain't gonna break the bank.

• Depends on where I'm taken, bug generally I'd go for something not as expensive and I always only drink water.

• Personally I'd be considerate about the prices and honestly, if you're worried she won't like you cause she can't order a lot of expensive stuff you shouldn't even waste your time with her. She won't be worth the money or time. Find someone who's interesting in you, not your wallet

• I expect him to pay for the first date, however I don't believe that girls should feel like they are entitled to everything on the menu. Personally I will order something below 15 dollars.

• No I try to be considerate. And also I don't even like when a man pays for me. I have my own money and I can pay for shit myself. I feel really bad even when a man uses as little as 10$ on me

• LOLLL no. I always split the bill. But hypothetically, I'd order something reasonably priced (aka, cheap).

• I would be considerate of the prices and possibly attempt to pay my portion. If she isn't considerate, that would be a flag in my opinion.

• No, i usually expect to split the check or help out at least a little but i defiantly do not expect an unlimited budget. I wouldn't go all out and spend like crazy. If a guy was paying for everything i would try to go as low as possible

• well id pay somewhat for the dinner as a thanks. Id never order as much as to make him broke

• Hell no. Unless he's donal trump or something. I kinda try not to order a few dollars more than my date. If his meal is $17 let's say I won't pass $20.

• I don't expect him to pay so I order something that I would be comfortable paying for myself. And then if he overs to cover the bill then I know that it won't be too high for him.

• A whole meal will make me full so I don't need an appetizer. I always order water (even when going out with my parents) so I just get water on a date, unless the guy orders wine then I might get a glass too.

• Okay

• I generally expect to pay for myself and order cheap just in case he makes an issue of paying. A girl ordering something expensive is a red flag, I'd say.

• If he asks me out then yes I expect him to pay.

• I mean I don't really like spending other people's money so If he insisted on paying I wouldn't chose anything expensive.

What Guys Said 3

• What she orders is not a problem. Her 'taking 2 bites of it and taking it home in a doggie bag' is, especially when I finish and clean off my plate.

• unlimited buffet pls

• My dad told me when I started dating, "Don't take a girl anywhere that you can't afford for you both to order the most expensive item AND cover the tip."
    A cool girl just won't do that anyway.