How do you love, when love is not an option?

In September, I fell in love with a boy. I don't want to name anyone so let's just call him Pete. Just yesterday, we called ourselves officially a couple. However, I'm still too heartbroken over my ex to really be ready to progress my new relationship with Pete. What can I do? I don't want to lose Pete- I love him too much, but it hurts me to say I love you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to him about this, im sure he will understand. You dont need to break, just continue as a cuple and together help each other.

What Guys Said 2

• Love is definitely an act of will. You can choose to love but it requires more effort than just liking a person.

If you just got out of a relationship, then you should have stayed single for a bit just to catch your breath and clear your mind. I'd say that saying "I love you" is completely optional (and probably not true) and it's better not to force it.

• You just said you fell in love with Pete, so why can't you say you love him it doesn't make sense?
    Nice profile pic by the way.

What Girls Said 1

• You should have waited longer to get in a relationship with him