If the conversation doesn't flow, does that mean the girl just isn't right for me?

It's interesting how each girl is different. I can approach a girl and it will just be painful and it's obvious she doesn't like me or she's just stuck up cause the conversation doesn't go anywhere. Then like for example I can go on a date with a girl and we can talk for an hour with hardly any awkward silence. I approached this girl at the flower shop today and maybe I picked a bad time, cause she was busy making a bouquet of flowers and I would ask her questions and she would answer them, but things just didn't seem to get anywhere so after a few minutes I just said it was nice meeting her and she was like nice meeting you too and I left. So I don't know I can always go back and catch her when she isn't busy. I always pick a bad time to approach girls, then again I don't like going back 10 times just to wait for the right moment. I'll admit it could have went smoother cause it had been a few months since I last approached a girl. Girls what do you think?

So girls, do you think I did anything wrong? I mean I guess I maybe screwed up by asking boring questions. I guess the only part that was missing was her asking anything back. What do you think I can do for next time?

Most Helpful Girl

• like you said it might have just been a bad time. i worked in a cvs and was approached a couple of times but honestly its a little awkward and kind of inappropriate, even if it's with good intentions. if i'm busy, it's just hard to focus sometimes and it's not to appear mean or uninterested, i just have something else on my mind, clearly. it might be a good idea to go back, and if the same thing happens, then she's probably not right.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd try with the girl in the flower shop again. She didn't ignore you completely. What can you lose when you try again? And like you said, she was busy at work. Maybe keep an eye out for when it's quiet and pop in then.

• I tend to get nervous and blank out a lot of times and then I end up asking boring dumb questions. lol I need to think of a few interesting questions and just write them down and hopefully a few of them will pop up in my head when I approach her again.

• I'm the same way haha. Way more confidence on here when no one knows who you are and chances are you'll never meet in person! Who knows, maybe she's the same way too? I think it's cute :) Or you could just end up standing there asking each other awkward questions. That's what always happens to me anyway :P But the thinking of ideas ahead time sounds like a good plan!

• I say give it another go. You probably just caught her at a bad time. Why don't you just go there and ask her to coffee or something.

• I would say she just didn't want to talk to you, honestly.

What Guys Said 1

• In my opinion if she wanted to talk to you she would. I usually give girls one shot and move on if they aren't interested