How would you feel if the person you really really like liked someone else?

How would you feel about this?
This guy is the first person I think of wheb I wake up and the last person I think of when I go to sleep. Im overly nervous and afraid of putting my feelings out there for him because I know its not the right time in my particular situation.

I've been "checking" on him I guess, just to make sure he's okay because I know he is going through something but just by not really talking to him. He is a very private person so I dont know if he's talking to anyone but once I put 2 and 2 together I THINK he is. Im read something on his fb that I THINK he likes someone but it's not working out in his favor.
For a second I was like YAYY!

But then I thought about and I felt bad because if he really like someone and it didn't work... well I basically know the feeling. He doesn't really know Im in like with him right now but I feel really bad that he PROBABLY feels how I feel about someone else.

Has this happened to you?
How did or if you did get over that person? Or did it work out for the 2 of you?

Most Helpful Guy

• From past experience, if you don't act then your almost assured nothing will ever happen. If you do act, maybe you'll find out they aren't interested (which can hurt) or maybe you'll find out they are (which is where the word awesomeness applies). Act and find out - maybe it's good or maybe it's bad. Do nothing and forget, eventually, over time.

Here's one of several (along these lines) I like from past US president, Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt:
    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

What Guys Said 1

• Well my long time crush/friend who I give a shit ton of hints to was asked to homecoming the day before I told myself I would ask her. So that felt pretty shitty. They broke up like 3 weeks later though but I still haven't made any move.

What Girls Said 6

• id just... be hurt. extremely hurt.

it's happened to before, but a long time ago. i was really young so it doesn't really count.

• Aw sorry to hear that :/ im into a guy that has a really close girl friend, and one day in a lecture she put her head on his shoulder, I was right behind them and ny heart just... sank. Its heart breaking, but at least you know you can move on. I don't know if theyre into each other though so I can't move on.

• I remember in high school i had a crush on my one guy friend for a while, at least a year, and when i thought i was ready to tell my best friend that i like him... i found out that they were dating quietly right before i was gonna tell her. So that saved me the embarrassment, and i was sad at first but then it kind of cleared my mind and i was able to just drop the crush and now we're pretty good friends!

• Yea I did happen to me. I was in love with that guy. still kinda am in fact I was just talking to him and could still feel the butterflies. My suggestion do not date him if you guys are friends it will end not in your favor.😩😞

• I've had that happened to me before... I thought this guy at my school was into me so I had a crush on him for about a year or two then during freshman year he had a girlfriend I was bawling my eyes out but I learned to move on

• That would be the shittiest thing ever!! I'd have to take xanax and wine. That's how I'd deal.