Guys:Would you ever date an extremely shy/timid girl?

Guys: Would you ever date an extremely shy/timid girl with these habits?:
-speaks softly/quietly/voice is kind of trembly
-the class wallflower
-scared and nervous around strangers but eventually opens up to you in time if comfortable
-when nervous, plays with hair a lot and has trouble looking into someone else's eyes for more than a few seconds
-says "Umm" at times
-quiet
-bubbly and random if you get to know her and she's comfortable around you
-slightly insecure; looks at feet often
-never causes a scene; strongly dislikes attention
-has a habit of getting embarrassed easily;blushing;covering face
-hid under the desk and started sobbing once asked to present in front of class

• Yes! Because (explanation)
  • No (explanation)
  • I'm a girl and I would like to see the results
  • Depends (explanation)

Most Helpful Guy

• I recently had to deal with a girl like this.

I remember saying hello to her, she went red in the face, we asked how each other were and before I could strike up a conversation, she literally took off like a rocket. She used to flash me a big smile every time she saw me and even blushed at times. I tried making small talk with her and got very little back. One of our mutual friends told me she really liked me and when I asked her if she wanted to go out some time (to get to know each other) she turned me down. So she didn't like me in the first place and I honestly just couldn't read her.

So based off this recent experience, I'm staying well away from very shy women as I cannot figure them out and seem to misread things or see things which just aren't present.

What Guys Said 21

• It's hard to say. I mean in some ways it could be frustrating, in others endearing.

most of this describes how she engages with others. The question is how it impacts how she engages with me, when alone. If she's very inhibited with me because of her shyness, then that would be a huge issue. If she's shy and embarrassed but uninhibited, that's really cute.

• I would because I am shy too, and when I date outgoing women I often feel like they are judging me for not being as outgoing as them. I get a lot of those weird looks where you know they are thinking "whats wrong with you?" It would be nice to date a woman who understands shyness and not only doesn't judge me for it but embraces it!

• They tend to be my type and far more stable plus the added bonus of them being less likely to cheat

• Yes, Maybe this is over simplifying things but i found it cute, also i have a tendency to try to know whats in mind of someone that doesn't talk much for whatever their reasons are and the soft voice i like because i don't like when people speak to loud and i hated when people tell me to volume up mine. Shyness and randomness i can deal, i understand it, but the best part is the "never causes a scene; strongly dislikes attention" this part is the most i like.

• Yes that sounds so cute :) The only thing about being shy is that I will sometimes mistake you for not liking me so I might just give up and think you aren't interested. A lot of guys will do this, but one thing you can do is show an interest back by laughing at what the guy says and also asking questions in return.

• I would love that, shy girls are extremely cute :3 The only downside is that im a bit shy too about approaching woman, so she will need to be able to send me somehow flirt's signs. And I prefer shy girls way more over loud and outgoing girls :)

• It would be hard going getting to the stage where she'd even agree to go on a date, wouldn't it? And I'd expect the same rigamarole wanting to hold her hand or kiss her.

• A girl that blushes easily? That's the cutest thing to me, I'd try to make her blush as much as I can. I'd love to date someone like that around my age, I'm like all that except the crying part and I don't play with my hair

• yes because i am a lot like that too, and it makes it a lot less awkward if we both understand each other's shyness. also, i wouldn't feel as much pressure to make conversation because we aren't holding high expectations for lots of conversation.

• I did many years ago and the girl was so shy she wouldn't even eat in front of me. These days she's right the reverse.

• From my experience the shy ones eventually treat me like human waste. They also give mixed signals, and expect me to solve the davinci code. Screw them.

• She would have to work on the eye contact thing and as long as is open about what makes her uncomfortable then yes. Most of it doesn't bother me, I actually do most of it.

• Yes the person I am in a relationship with is :)

• yes cause i am pretty shy myself and would feel even more connected to that person. :D

• That's ma weakness! I LUV shy cuties with passion ☺️

• 0|0
  • maybe or maybe not

• in all honesty, no.

seems like a lack of confidence imho..

• Not unless I knew she really liked me. I'm not gonna invest all this effort in getting this person to open up if they just wanna be friends. Its just time wasted.

• pleaseeee <3 shy girls the best

• That's actually pretty cute just I would be concerned if I tried talking to her that if she answered quickly and never asked questions back that she wouldn't be interested.

What Girls Said 0