Does anybody else get irritated when they can't get someone off their mind (guys and girls answers greatly appreciated)?

so i was talking to this guy on a dating app. he's the one who messaged me first. we were flirting and we both said we were attracted to each other and i could swear we were hitting it off. then i didn't hear from him for like 6 or 7 days. very short conversation of hey how are you, then done. then another week passed. same thing. i figured maybe he was waiting for me to initiate since he was the one initiating all the other times. but the same thing happened. now it's been 2 weeks and i'm 100% sure he's not interested anymore but i can't seem to get him out of my head. anyone else had this problem? it's the worst feeling because we weren't even really close to dating. so i'm trying to figure out why the heck i'm so bothered. i have never been a desperate person. how do you get over someone you were never with? i don't want to be that girl but part of me actually wants to message him and get an explanation, maybe then i'll get closure. i feel crazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this exact same problem this guy talked me non stop and then his responses started getting shorter and then eventually stopped and so every now and then I'll text him hey and still no answer and I'm so confused why. boys suck find a new one to talk to

• lol i know they suck. i give advice like that to my friends and here i am going crazy over someone i barely know. it's annoying. it took me weeks to find someone that interested me and now i'm in the same position. but yeah you're right, i'm probably still annoyed because i haven't found anyone else yet.

What Guys Said 2

• In only irritated because I will never know if I'm on her mind.

• Yes it gets annoying.

What Girls Said 2

• i hate it. i actually can't stand it.

• Yes and than i wonder if he feels the same